Cost of Windows Vista and Windows 7 in rupees

• Thread starter Thread starter techtata
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 93
  • Views Views 17,114
admin said:
abroad, few people go for assembled machines unlike india.

and even if they do, piracy is not that common in united states as it is in india.

and they do purchase software at prices that we get to see on online stores like newegg.
dear administrator je , Abroad ke batt mat karoo desh ke bat karoo, desh hitt me ju hai me wahee kar raha hu , app uncle sam ku pasand karte hu tu what the difference between u and Uncle sam people

people who are too much dependent upon microsoft products go for technet or msdn subscriptions i think.

my web hosting guy for example is a member and they get plenty of free stuff and major discounts.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

jdjain1 said:
[/QUOTE

Dear administartor ,aborad ke batt mat kejeye, I talk in desh hitt, desh se badkar koch nahee, , Microsoft is like Dow Chemical(Union carbide) ,which has only interest in money and not it's people

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Anyway I stop writing in this thread , You most of people now know , piracy is not a crime in Bharat , officially it is

try telling that to BSA. they are the ones who raid companies and shopkeepers for software piracy. the day they start targeting individuals would be the day this attitude would change.

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

and microsoft employees a LOT of indians. india is one of the loss making markets for them. and piracy is a big reason for that.

right , country is 1st priority and should always be so be a good citizen and pay ur taxes in full without manipulating things and figures and then the next step is buying original stuff and not pirated one, but i m sure wen the time to pay taxes comes and ppl's chartered accountant tells them that how to save it by manipulation most of us will fall for it bcos of our greed and then we will come on some forum and say pay ms in full dont pirate, or dont do this or dont do that, 1st look into urself and ask havnt u really done anything illegal in very recent time??? answer will come to u only u may tell others that "YEAH" i am clean but its only u who knws the "truth".

tax saving is not a crime. not paying taxes is. using software illegally is a crime. using free alternatives is not. getting software for cheaper (like by getting them from abroad) is again not a crime.

tax saving by manipulating things and figures is a crime wen and if u are caught admin......................and there are penalties for that too plus the tax which u tried to save.

tax saving is done by manipulations of your expenses. but if you put in wrong figures, it does not become 'savings' it becomes cheating. tax saving means when you make investments that are non-taxable and stuff like that. that is not a crime. that is something approved by the government. :)

Saving is indeed your right.

Try Proving your argument in a court of law, Piracy does translate into stealing, you cannot use the sharing card when pirating Microsoft operating systems as you deliberately bypass registration.

You are not forced to love Microsoft products, there are plenty of free and paid alternatives(Linux, Mac OS X)

jdjain, your arrangements do not hold any value.

No one is forcing you to pirate Microsoft products, Just get Ubuntu, It does almost everything properly.

Lastly, any thief thinks 100 times before stealing, you are doing the same.

By not buying legitimate software, you are not only compromising your own security but are also responsible for loss of Tax Revenue, encouraging unlawful activities(by buying and promoting illegal software) and you may also be indirectly funding anti-government groups.

If you choose to use illegitimate software, I hope you will keep that to yourdelf for your own good.

I would also like to urge you not to promote such activities

MS has priced their O/S very expensive ... no one will want to spend 5000 Rs for buying windows 7 ultimate .. if the same product is available for say even 1000 Rs many people will buy it ..

many people buy original anti virus cause they cost anywhere between 500 - 1500 Rs .

MS has priced their O/S very expensive ... no one will want to spend 5000 Rs for buying windows 7 ultimate .. if the same product is available for say even 1000 Rs many people will buy it ..

many people buy original anti virus cause they cost anywhere between 500 - 1500 Rs .

actually nobody buys ANTI-VIRUS either and the fact that ANTI-VIRUSES are only for 1 year makes people pirate it more

i think MS priced their version right as they provided support for a long time and the continued updates which cost them bandwidth fees and everything even though its minor

not everyone has a need to buy the 'ultimate' edition. and not everyone HAS to buy Windows. most people can easily live with a free alternative Ubuntu that works great. as for antiviruses. most people do not know that they can use microsoft security essentials, AVG or Panda Cloud Antivirus for free. they do not buy antiviruses out of choice. they are forced to by the folks that provide them technical support. one of my uncles was using quickheal (!) antivirus for the last 2 years paying 1000+ as yearly charges. i removed the crap from his machine despite a few weeks remaining in subscription. installed cloud antivirus on his machine. works fine. no big deal. most folks also do not need MS Office for their home usage. they can easily live with GOOO (openoffice). it is ignorance that causes most piracy. folks who know about free/legal alternatives and still pirating are well immoral.

Back