Cyanogen Inc. is now Andrasta

I didnt get any such email...

i flashed my motorola defy yesterday... to CM 7.1 not got any such email....One thing I forgot to do is to take a CWM backup... what is this backup ? like what is inside this backup? did i miss some major step to downgrade to froyo in case of warranty?

Backup which u refer might be Nandroid backup which is used to restore the last working ROM provided they are of the same type (I mean both of them are CyanogenMod ROMs). If there is any problem in ur present version of ROM, u can restore to the version which u had backed up.Anyways if ever u want to downgrade to Froyo, u can get the Froyo ROM, flash it, unroot it then u will have ur warranty intact!

thanks moindear :)i don't think I am going to go back to 2.2.2 unless some problem with hardware which requires warranty.in CM 7.1 , auto update notifications says Failed... i mean registration failed. what to do to push CM future updates automatically?

@popcorn dude, Do a back up I once overclokced by 177 Mhz to awesomely 250 Mhz and it went fine for about six months and then BAM!!! I never knew what hit me in cell.... Thank god I had root with 2 backups ( 1.6 & 2.2) I got it back to life to 1.6 and now its good.... basically its a restore point for system ...

@rajm11 In the worst case u can always flash using CWM or odin and install new custom/normal ROM. I had screwd up and almost bricked my Galaxy S. Somehow it struck to me that we can flash Odin/CWM and it works in all the cases.In short there is always a solution :)@Popcorn regarding the automatic updates, I think it will happen if u buy the premium version of ROM Manager

Depends, in some phones such as mine. the default partition is efs whereas CM uses ext4. so if you flash the stock ROM directly on CM, it will go into a bootloop. Plus, in a nandroid backup, your settings and data gets preserved too. @ popcorn - you can do a nandroid backup now also. this will at least allow you to go to a working CM installation in case you screw something up.

Back