Cyanogen Inc. is now Andrasta

Depends, in some phones such as mine. the default partition is efs whereas CM uses ext4. so if you flash the stock ROM directly on CM, it will go into a bootloop. Plus, in a nandroid backup, your settings and data gets preserved too.

I had that too. But then u can use Hermdal for CyanogenMod and Odin for Darky ROM and get back to working state.

@moindear, I did flash, think I I did odim too with Galaxo( at the time ) it just got into limitless reboot... what can I do? I am with 1.6 It sux balls....

@moindear, I did flash, think I I did odim too with Galaxo( at the time ) it just got into limitless reboot...
what can I do? I am with 1.6 It sux balls....

You can try it again. mostly u wont face this if u follow the steps correctly...

@ popcorn - you can do a nandroid backup now also. this will at least allow you to go to a working CM installation in case you screw something up.

instead of back now, better option is factory defaults which is available on cm 7.1 -->privacy...

now it reminds me of one other thing...
when i did factory reset... i also selected to format SD card... but it game me error saying missing path ... some null
so I unselected the format SD card and it did the factory reset and then formated SD manually.

if the phone does not boot.. we can straigh go for warranty !!

Ha, well what if it wasnt booting for hardware problem. They replace the hardware part and switch it ON and realize that its CyanogenMod.Then they will charge u under violation of terms

Your warranty is void upon rooting. you are aware of that? and why do you want to go for warranty if it is a soft brick and can be easily restored using nandroid?

can anyone confirm here whether the service stations in india have people who can detect roots/custom mods :D to deny warranties?i mean it is not tough to see what software the phone is running. but if the problem is serious enough and the phone is not even booting anymore. is it still going to become a warranty violating issue? :D

in india , they outsource to some mobile repairing companies... so those guys dont bother to check root / unroot , they only check that if device is in warranty. but still you need to be lucky for that !

Back