Cyanogen Inc. is now Andrasta

in india , they outsource to some mobile repairing companies... so those guys dont bother to check root / unroot , they only check that if device is in warranty. but still you need to be lucky for that !

U can always do some jugaad :)

update ... the registration for future updates of CM 7.1 is now successful with CM 7.1 server. now it will push updates.... ?

now that CyanogenMod 7.1 comes with preinstalled AWD Launcher... is that good or Go Launcher is good?I am new to Android... so if you guys can suggest some good themes (No blacks), some colorfull and in which platform they work... like AWD or GO or any other which you suggest....

I find ADW more than decent. you can of course try others like Go Launcher / Launcher Pro / Zeam Launcher and see which one you like.

Regarding themes, cyanogenmod supports proper theming including system apps etc. I am currently running an ICS theme [Theme] Ice Cream Sandwich for CM7: v 1.4 - xda-developers

For changing the font/battery icon(displaying battery percentage for example)/boot animation/boot logo, install rom toolbox from the market.

Edit : Didnt read no black. this is of course all black. try orion http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1034119

thanks manu1991 :) will try some now...what you suggest? AWD or GO?and is there any way to completely remove AWD and theme chooser if I decide to go with GO?

AWD is integrated in Cynogen However you can disable it some how ( i know from using cynogens and ADW with it earlier) popcorn please do post images of screen and how it looks like

Firstly, ill suggest you don't remove ADW. because if you install Go launcher and something goes wrong or some file becomes corrupt, you'll be without a launcher. Always a good practice to keep two launchers. you can install go launcher besides ADW and use any one. it won't slow down your phone or anything.I don't care that much about the launcher. I use ADW because i find it faster. install the one you like better in terms of looks, speed and functionality. theme chooser has nothing to do with the launcher. it themes things like the taskbar, phone pad, system apps etc. which a launcher cannot change. And why do you want to remove it. just switch to the default theme in it if you don't want to use the theme chooser.

or you can have the ADW and then takea backup at root and save it, now boot remove ADW and install go, try both out and if you dont like it Roll th back up again,I love android and mods :)

so much work for a 1-2 mb app. just install both. though what you said will also work.

agreed, so what I used to do is make number of chnages I want including the apps I want to test and put them together and then take backup... The only data I used always is/was phone log/ contacts/sms/ notes and my files, first part is resotred through cloud rest is always accessible through astro/ES FM

Back