Cyanogen Inc. is now Andrasta

grrrrrrrrrrrr, thats the first thing you do when you root the phone........ now all you have to do is 1] copy ALL the files to comp,2] Find a 2.2 or whatever ROM you want for defy on internet 3] name it update.zip 4] place it in phone and reebot in recovery 5] take backup of current scenario 6] apply update.zip 7] boot into 2.2 & you will phone with no data whatsoever...

well... i had taken only few pictures... I took them on my hdd of laptop... so there is no major data loss I can have,,,as I had not taken the nannoid backup,,, I downloaded the stock 2.2.2 from xda - JRDNEM_U3_3.4.3-33-1_CHINESE_SIGN_SIGNED_UCAJRDNEMARAB1B50AA03A.0R_PDS03C_USAJRDNFRYORTINT15_P001_A013_HWp3_Service1FF.sbfthis is a second last release of the official froyo from motorola. I wiped/factory setted and wiped cache... then installed this sbf... using rsdlite.then using motorola software update, came back to out of box froyo of motorola defy of India which is the latest current 2.2.2. (JRDNEM_U3_3.4.3-36-1.7)Now only one question... is my defy rooted or unrooted?

found it... its not rooted any more... so pure out of box now !

just out of curiosity, were you facing any problems with CM? or shifted because of getting warranty?

Just saw your post popcorn. There is a thread on xda that has various sbf files. You just had to flash that and you were back to factory state. Why are you so bent on having a backup? And what problem were you facing with cm7?

well... i had taken only few pictures... I took them on my hdd of laptop... so there is no major data loss I can have,,,
as I had not taken the nannoid backup,,, I downloaded the stock 2.2.2 from xda - JRDNEM_U3_3.4.3-33-1_CHINESE_SIGN_SIGNED_UCAJRDNEMARAB1B50AA03A.0R_PDS03C_USAJRDNFRYORTINT15_P001_A013_HWp3_Service1FF.sbf
this is a second last release of the official froyo from motorola. I wiped/factory setted and wiped cache... then installed this sbf... using rsdlite.
then using motorola software update, came back to out of box froyo of motorola defy of India which is the latest current 2.2.2. (JRDNEM_U3_3.4.3-36-1.7)

Now only one question... is my defy rooted or unrooted?

how is not rooted ?? i thought first step would be rooting as cynogen required root for various actions with SU... hmmmm

just out of curiosity, were you facing any problems with CM? or shifted because of getting warranty?
to be honest... in cm7, the voice clarity was not proper (crisp, and bright etc in voice clarity options) .... let me check for a week in this original 2.2.2

pocorn I request you to root it first,now that you have resetted, then once rooted have a backuo .. then start your testing..

----------

infact thats the first requirement they state in XDA when you are doing flashing

Just saw your post popcorn. There is a thread on xda that has various sbf files. You just had to flash that and you were back to factory state. Why are you so bent on having a backup? And what problem were you facing with cm7?
no problems... but I can get all features in 2.2.2 except some visual enhancements in 2.3.7 -cm7.1. so why make yr phone look modded if you have almost all features in 2.2.2 original motorola defy. Just mentioned above... I think voice clarity was acting wierd in cm7.1, if you change to crisp... and I know there was no need to take a backup... as I had nothing in the phone.
Also to mention that the Nandiod backup worked (I downloaded it from xda for India) but the fixed sbf (from same xda download) failed to install. some error... so I had to install a full sbf from xda for India and then Moto software update too it to the second release of froyo 2.2.2 (automatically updated to the out of box state)
So rsdlite was the rescuer ! :)

----------

pocorn I request you to root it first,now that you have resetted, then once rooted have a backuo .. then start your testing..

----------

infact thats the first requirement they state in XDA when you are doing flashing

I rooted it and then installed CM7.1. And when I returned back to 2.2.2 , my phone was automatically unrooted as it installed full sbf.

----------

how is not rooted ?? i thought first step would be rooting as cynogen required root for various actions with SU... hmmmm

When I installed cm7.1, I had unrooted. But as I rolled back to 2.2.2 full sbf ROM, the phone is out of box state with unrooted.

I dont plan to install any software which need root access. :) so I am fine now !!

Back