Diagnose Mtnl Triband Broadband Problems

Just to make sure its a line problem please check and post your downstream and upstream sync rate from your router's setting page.

[COLOR=\"Silver\"]-------------[/COLOR]

The best way to get all these things sorted is to write a mail to MTNL directly. Search on this forum for the list of email IDs of MTNL to which you can lodge a complaint.

Zeo,
After sending an email and telephoning the number they responded with, the speed has improved. These are the rates now :

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin 36.2 13.8 db
Line attenuation 11 10.2 db
Data Rate 2048 509 kbps

MTNL's speed test now shows a download rate of 1.790 Mbps. SPeedtest.net gives this result :

https://www.speedtest.net

Thanks a lot for your advice. :happy:

Nice to hear that your problem is solved now.By the way you seem to be lucky fellow as your upload sync rate is 509kbps which is more than MTNL's default upload rate (256kbps) :thumb:.

From what i could figure out after reading this entire thread is that my line condition is pretty fu****.

Here is a screenshot.

I contacted my line man and he keeps telling me everything is fine from his side. What do you people suggest me to do ?

Hello,facing the same problem here MTNL technical guys blame the servers/exchange and the exchanges blame the technical guys.where to go???? seems no one interested in solving the MTNL internal problemsGOVERNMENT KA KHAATA HAI AISA HI CHALEGA TO DESH KAHAN TARAKKHI KAREGA!!!!MTNL se bakwas service maine kahin nahi dekhi....worst ever experienceDo not subscribe to their broadband plans these people do not know even TECHNOLOGY ka "T"

Hi,i'm a regular visitor to the site and after reading the last few pages, i checked my router and was wondering if the following are normalItem- Downstream Upstream Unit SNR Margin- 21.5db , 19.0db dB Line Attenuation- 36.0db , 32.0db dB Loss of Signal- 0 , 2437042113 CRC Errors- 544619507 , 541618808 Data Rate- 294 Kbps, 262 Kbps kbps Latency- Interleaved , Interleavedi'm a novice and i was wondering how can you tell the line condition ?

Ussing my MTNL after a long time and this is a screenshot attached of my connections stats

I am on TriB_199 plan in New delhi
Am using a D-Link DSL502T
I get frequent dissconections as well.
Attaching my PingTest and SpeedTest Result as well

Is thr a problm?

hi all..I am on the plan Unlimited DSL 999..but i am getting speed of 512kbps from yesterday..pls help..

Please read the details on your user plan at the link: Introduction
You are expecting 1 Mbps at your end for the unlimited plan of Rs.999 + taxes per month.
The ** annotation is described as: ** Speeds indicated are only upto our ISP node and are given on best effort basis as per TRAI guidelines.

You will find this is a nice way of telling you that you will certainly receive lower than 1 Mbps at your desktop ... I feel you should get 800 kbps if you are within 2 Kms from your telephone exchange and your connections in your building and street box are clean.

You may try lobbing face-to-face with the techie at your telephone exchange and gently tell him you need a better speed. Try to talk in 'his language' and be patient. You would need to spend time watching them pass time and attending to incessant phone calls.

It works. I do this once every six months. Shooting off emails helps after many repetitions. You will find various details on this approach in other threads here.

Best wishes.

Back