Diagnose Mtnl Triband Broadband Problems

my internet stops working when i start downloading any thing and then resumes only if i reboot my modem and computeri reformated my computerstill the problem persists so problem is in modemUT-300R2U modemplz help

does the DSL LED stay ON?

Hi All,Need some assistance as I have approached MTNL and they are clueless.I had installed MTNL broadband in june and was using it in my bedroom 2.The installation and connection was perfect and I could surf the net with good speeds for almost 2 months.Let me explain the telephone wiring .The main line comes into my living room.From there its wired to bedroom1 & from bedroom 1 its wired to bedroom 2 where I use the broadband. A splitter is used in bedroom 2 before connecting to the modem (D-Link 2640T).All the wires are in one piece and do not have any breakage.I have phones connected in every room.Since Aug 20th I could not connect to the net as the ADSL line keeps blinking.I tried connecting the modem in my Hall and it worked.I called the lineman and he said evrything was ok and this is due to monsoon and is a common occurance.I refuse to beleive as I got the connection during monsoon and it was perfectly fine.Currently the SNR (23 , 4) attentuation rate (31,7) in hall but shows zero in all readings in both my bedrooms (ADSL keeps blinking).Is this a wiring error ?? or is this is a common occurance..Kindly help resolve this pls.:cry:

You need to connect the splitter before all of your parallel telephone wires (in your case in your living hall before the lines go to your bedroom).

Code:
-->(Main line)-->Splitter|-->Telephone(single/parallel)                         |-->Modem

Hi,
My Triband (NU549) speed has become very slow over time. I have complained to MTNL repeatedly. Over the past 6-8 weeks, they keep sending the linesman who checks the line and pronounces everything OK and blames 'the servers'. From that end they blame the line, the modem, the computer, the weather - basically anything they can. MTNL have changed my modem, splitter, and cable without any improvement. The speed presently is :
https://www.speedtest.net
Can anyone suggest anything as I'm totally frustrated! :wall::wall:

Just to make sure its a line problem please check and post your downstream and upstream sync rate from your router's setting page.

-------------

The best way to get all these things sorted is to write a mail to MTNL directly. Search on this forum for the list of email IDs of MTNL to which you can lodge a complaint.

Just to make sure its a line problem please check and post your downstream and upstream sync rate from your router's setting page.

-------------

Thanks, Zeo. Here are the rates (I hope these are what you asked for. I'm a newbie and may have misunderstood.):

Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin: 41.0 20.0 db

Line Attenuation: 13.5 10.0 db

Data Rate: 256 256 kbps

There you go! You have been synced to 256kbps downstream and that is the reason why you are not getting speeds more than 0.22Mbps.

Dash-off an email to MTNL asking them to sync your ADSL line to 2048kbps (2Mbps) on the downstream side.

-----------

You need not worry about your telephone line condition as it is in quite good condition.

There you go! You have been synced to 256kbps downstream and that is the reason why you are not getting speeds more than 0.22Mbps.

Dash-off an email to MTNL asking them to sync your ADSL line to 2048kbps (2Mbps) on the downstream side.

-----------

You need not worry about your telephone line condition as it is in quite good condition.

Agree with zeo, your line condition seems to be good :)

Thank you, Zeo and Socrates. I'll send an e-mail to MTNL and hope they do the needful.

Back