Diagnose Mtnl Triband Broadband Problems

Hi,Im having a peculiar problem,My adsl light stays on after connecting and the modem shows it as connected.On the stats page also the adsl shows connected with snr margins and all fineBut the log says ip not got and internet doesn't work?Any ideas?

Hi,
Im having a peculiar problem,
My adsl light stays on after connecting and the modem shows it as connected.
On the stats page also the adsl shows connected with snr margins and all fine
But the log says ip not got and internet doesn't work?
Any ideas?

I have had similar experiences in the past, intermittently & I noticed the lights display is alright as is the snr etc but when i check the connection type it would show 'bridge mode'. I use PPPoE. the solution was to switch off the modem as switch on after some time (> 10 mins). It was apparently some glitch at the MTNL end which was set right for I had tried 'fiddling' with the router (D-Link DSL 502T) settings but that was of no use.

Hi,
Can somebody help me please. I have a Triband 256 Unlimited plan. It keeps disconnecting every 5-10 minutes. The status light starts blinking. If I restart the modem it works fine for a while and disconnects again.

Here are my stats from the DSL-502T page.

Code:
Item                 Downstream                 Upstream                 UnitSNR Margin            12                              20                       dBLine Attenuation     43                              31                       dBData Rate              256                            256                     kbps

Aatur

your

----------

your SNR is in the border line . Ensure all your telephones are connected after the splitter.. this should take care of the frequent disconnections.

hey guys..............even i m havin problm with my sterlite sam300ax modem............give me best configurations to get max speed...............i m havin mtnl 256 unlimited plan in new delhi...................plzzzzzzzzzzzz help me..........

I too was having problem of 'unable to access most web pages' poor 'bandwidths' since April'09 ... something changed at their end or my settings got altered ... I do not know. I emailed my complaint to the local telephone exchange at Mumbai Andheri West suburb and copied to the GM-Broadband. :wall: First email on 20th Apr., then reminders on 22nd May, 08th June and finally 07th July. This last was my lucky day. :inodding: A techie phoned me and guided me to change my DNS server codes and also got on the conference call to instruct some other techie to set my bandwidths. Now my settings are: 2045 / 509 Kbps with SNR of 20.5 / 12.0 dB. My earlier upload was only 256 ... now i have tested my upload goes to 460 Kbps and download continues to deliver 220 KBps (1760 Kbps) for many sites. :wewin:My DNS server settings are: 59.185.0.23 and 203.94.227.70 with additional of: 59.185.0.50 Now my access to web pages has become very fast ... like it was before April. :wewin:I thanked the techie who phoned me the next day to check on my problem ... this I felt was rather nice. I shot off emails thanking them for their effort. My problems of bandwidth and page access are solved. :urock:Accuracy, consistency, persistence and patience are the keystones for getting results. MTNL delivers ... even tho they are slow sometimes.

Nice to hear that your problems have been solved. But do not come to a conclusion at sudden. Monitor your connection at regular intervals.:)@snpexim. I still prefer Opendns over Mtnl's Dns :)

Back