Diagnose Mtnl Triband Broadband Problems

Hi.
I am in S Delhi, and having DSL-502T modem.
Been facing a first-time problem since last saturday. Whats happening is this:
When i power on the modem, the Power light and USB light come on ok, then Status light and ADSL light blink for 4-5 seconds as connection is getting established, but then both go off together, and no net. Its the first time that Status light (one that continuously blinks)too is going off, earlier only the ADSL light was absent when line status wasnt good.

Since ydy, the net is connecting (after many many reboots) and then it works well, but the problem is recurring, needs 14-15 reboots before working. Have contacted 1504 and then my local broadband office, but yet to get a visit after 3 days.. Will harangue them today!

Anyone can tell about possible reasons for this problem? If the line is bad, can it be possible that net connects well when it does? Or more likely a problem with the router?

My line figures right now are:
Line State Connected Modulation Multi-mode Annex Mode ANNEX_A Max Tx Power -38 dBm/Hz Item Downstream Upstream Unit
SNR Margin 25 12 dB
Line Attenuation 23 14 dB
Data Rate 2013 260 kbps

make sure that all your telephones are connected after the splitter

Unable to connect to internet for couple of days now.All LED's are lite except the "Internet" LED.

When I check the router config page I observed the following

[*]Authentication failure
[*]Default gateway not assigned
[/list]

check the username and password entered in your router.
how you get 6mbps speed with mtnl :confused::confused: what your location ?

in your router page, look for router stats like snr margin, line attenuation, data rate. post the values here.these results are not correct. it is an error with speedtest.

I am facing the same problem, gets disconnected every 10 mins, Damn frustrating. Gorai Exchange. but I have connected the phone before splitter cos I cannot expect to keep phone in my room, Splitter is near the fone, and sound is coming, will hunt the market for new splitters. Will try changing and see what happens.

Anyway my SNR has gone very down never goes above 12 or max 14

Thinking of changing to Reliance Wimax and taking lower scheme of MTNL combined with GPRS.
SNR Margin
dB
Line Attenuation
dB
Data Rate

kbps

This is beacause ur upload speed is high, if u decrease ur upload speed by visiting QCS, ur SNR margin will be increased, but I think there is no point in arguing for SNR, if u r suffering from frequent disconncetions SNR margin of just 10.2 is sufficient, look my status
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8402/adslstatus2cb7.jpg

but still I suffer from disconnections in heavy rain also my upload speed is very low

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/9507/speed2an7.jpg

Hi Guys

Thanks a lot for running such an informative website.

Now here's the problem

I had upgraded to Mtnl's IPTV service because of which they change my Router to WA3002-g4. After which i saw decrease in my net speed. I tried to check my router conf. and it says that i am connected to D-Link 502-T router. Now here's the intresting part when i check for username and password for ADSL setting it was someone else Tel No. and Password.
So i tried to hardboot my router and tried to log into to my router again. Now WA3002-g4 router page was opened with correct setting and i was able to get the
speed upto 2 mbps.
Also i saw a new problem after connecting IPTV that my connection was dropped after 10-15 min.

Now every time the connection drops the D-Link 502-T router setting took over and screw my speed.

Please help Me!!!!!

Back