Excitel: High Ping to Singapore Servers?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 62
  • Views Views 12,008
I am able to achieve one set of Exception A where I am able to use Airtel specifically for my Main PC.

But, I am unable to move back to the Excitel without doing reset everything.

Once, I'm done with the work, I want to move back to the Excitel for casual surfing.

^^^^ Meanwhile, all the other devices except for my Main PC will continue to use my normal settings.

Hello I just registered to comment here. I play siege but I am not on excitel, I am on alliance broadband from Kolkata, WB. My ping used to be fine around 70ms in seas but recently I have been also getting above 100ms in siege, mostly 100-120ms. I think this problem ain't our isp related rather related to the routing of the upstream providers like Tata aka vsnl, Airtel, Vodafone idea etc. At present my connection is being router by tata's upstream. So the problem could lie there.

@Lousyaim How long you've been facing this issue?

If this issue is related to the transit our ISP uses? then it should have been fixed by now since the servers used by Rainbow Six Siege are Microsoft Azure. Basically the issue is not about R6. It's about that our ISP's route towards the Microsoft Azure is affected.

What is your Discord?

I think @JB700 had bad ping too on his ISP?

No I don't mean siege's servers. The ISPs we are using are local ISPs. The routing from India to the rest of the world is done by tier 1 ISPs only like Tata, Airtel, Vodafone idea etc. Our ISPs use their uplinks to direct our data to the destination server in this case Microsoft azure ones. So this problem lies somewhere in these upstream providers which our ISPs are using.

Yes, I know what you meant :p

What I meant to say is that if there is some issue within the Transit (Tier 1 ISP), they would have fixed it by now since a lot of businesses are dependent upon that transit route.

We are nothing compared to what businesses uses it for.

Anyways, I hope the issue is within the transit route only and not in our ISPs. Since, our ISPs won't even notice the issues for months. But Tier 1 ISP would notice it very soon.

Are you still getting the higher ping? (Like right now)

now main question is how do we get our isp's to fix this? or ask our isps to ask their their transit providers to fix this? tata in this case.

Last edited:
You can ask the Taiwanese server provider to attempt to reroute the traffic. They can fix routing.

My seedbox provider for instance has a reroute tool to change the route to the one with best ping.

So it's not completely upto the transit provider to get you the best possible route.

i do play six siege and earlier it used to average around 66ms but now its always 100+
Yqx6lOv.png
@ajgamer My traceroute is almost similar like him @ngrhd. You can see at hop 7 his ping spikes to 110ms, same thing happens to me after a certain hope my ping spikes to 114ms from 45ms. I think the issue lies there somewhere. But definitely it's not only excitel related since I am from a totally different ISP. I am pretty sure a lot of Indians are also having this who play siege but they just don't bother much to post and keeps on playing with it.

Okay. I will be waiting for other people to come forward with the tracert related to Singapore and specifically Microsoft Azure related issue only. Since, that's what is the problem here.

Specially: Rainbow Six Siege is concerned with Singapore Microsoft Azure.

Back