Exclusive : Hathway HD Channels Pic !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter IndianMascot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 154
  • Views Views 62,857
K. Cool. Thanks for the info. I had assumed the same from what I have read so far. But what the cc told me got me a bit confused (I am actually told my Mum CC that 10 channels such as Ten Sports, Action plus, Discovery Sci and others wont be available They will have to be subscribed to separately at 6 bucks per channel per month).

Add to it the inability of Hathway to confirm any details via emai just made me more suspicious. I asked them to email me pricing an channel list. The email thread has 5 replies from Hathway now. None have the channel list or plan details. They are very elusive in giving any written or electornic confirmation. Continually keep saying that I should call them or they will send an exec over to explain.

But since you getting all the channels am sure the same plan is active everywhere. I think I'll just go for it and see whats what. It can't be that much worse than the issues I have with Airtel now.

Check out Channel listing on Hathway Website. If Cable Operator is creating scene, contact directly to Hathway officials and demand for Packs mentioned in website.

has HATHWAY switched off normal cable broadcast signals in some buildings of THAKUR VILLAGE - KANDIVALI EAST. pls confirm this

Btw, which all HD channels these guys offer as of now?

Ten HD,Colors HD, History TV18 HD, Movies NOW, Travel XP HD, UTV Stars, MTUNES HD, CNBC Prime HD

So a few channels here & there, would mean a really tough competition for DTH players.

Ten HD,Colors HD, History TV18 HD, Movies NOW, Travel XP HD, UTV Stars, MTUNES HD, CNBC Prime HD
There is no UTV stars but Discovery HD in Bangalore.

Check out Channel listing on Hathway Website. If Cable Operator is creating scene, contact directly to Hathway officials and demand for Packs mentioned in website.

Its not the cable operator. Dealing directly with Hathway. Its the Hathway help desk that I am emailing. Anyways I did get the Hathway HD box. I do get almost all channels. There are about 10 channels missing. Most notable exceptions are 10 action plus, discovery science, discovery turbo and zee mgm. So I'll have an additional billing of Rs.60 a month now in addition to the Rs.6666 I have paid.

There is no UTV stars but Discovery HD in Bangalore.

Well am getting all of the above. Both UTV Stars HD and Dicovery HD. I also see two additional HD channels. Trace Sports and Trace Urban. So I have a total of 11 HD channels active on my box right now.

Well the Hathway HD box has been reviewed in depth here. So just a couple of observations from me as I move from Airtel HD to Hathway HD.

1) The operational menu and EPG are of mugh higher resolution and look much cleaner than Airtel. As a result the fonts have become smaller than Airtel's. While I love the sharper look, my parents do have trouble reading the information on screen.
2) The audio quality is significantly much better than on Airtel. The amplification is much much better. The loudness and clarity has gone up considerably.
3) Maybe this is just me, but I find that the PQ of SD channels on Airtel was way better. Somehow I find that the sharpness in SD channels is not upto the mark on the Hathway box. Overall just for PQ I think Airtel has the best box out there, for SD and HD.

before June 2012, they can't do that as per Govt Norms

they have switched off normal cable broadcast in one of the buildings. called them up and the local operator confirmed it. on telling him that as per govt order its from JULY 2012, he said we have already started switching off the normal signals.

Back