Expectations and Feedback for Hayai Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter cst1992
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 137
  • Views Views 38,124
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if some1 finds a way to HACK HAYAI's speed, HACK 4 the LIMIT set by HAYAI like 200 GB etc and posts in forums.
So what will HAYAI do in this case????

Historically this has been a problem with older style cable modems, but I think it's not really possible with newer systems, and as ACC1444 says below, our rate-limiting is only done server side, once the traffic is leaving the network.

Since we don't set limits, I don't see how anyone would hack them - the only flaw in the system would be if someone hacked the billing system - but in that case, that would be the billing providers fault, not ours, so anything that was "stolen" would have to be paid by the insurance of the billing provider.

Sorry to answer even though I am not a part of hayai.
This could not be happen unless there is a fault from server side. Normally, company buys professional software like airtel & tikona whose security systems are designed by inventum. So, these types of security systems test their software at last level of hacking and even their softwares are designed such that no one can do anything without log into the software.
I do not know about hayai but it may be hacked if hayai is designed by own self and not tested very well.

Ours is built in to our core routing platform, which requires a secure certificate to log in to.

Actually, in the past, this type of hacking problem is not happened with any company. Server fault or server downtime is another matter in this case.
You will get better answer from mg.

It can also happen when the load balancers fail.

It is ok if you do not know the distance. Actually I am asking because cable installation is never done in my area before. After launching hayai, I am guessing that I should get connectivity through wireless if I want to take. Tata was installed a cable before but due to local cable operator was not agree with them. They cut tata cable and Airtel is not deployed here yet. There is no chance of getting fiber connectivity for me unless you get the permission.

We can only but talk with the cable operator, or otherwise take measures to ensure he doesn't cut the cables, including but not limited to political or financial pressure.

About wimax, I am using wimax connectivity right now from local company, spidigo but I am facing some breaking with their connectivity & they have no solution of that because it works on free channels. Therefore, I was asking about to get solution which you may use in your system. With the experience, I realized that it can be solved by using high power device at both ends.
Let me know whenever you get the information about this.

Will do, but it's probably nothing to do with free channels or not - you state in the next paragraph that you're taking from companies even though they say it's not feasible. This is probably why your connection is so bad.

Yes, you are right. Company wants to be strict about feasibility regading their connectivity to avoid problems but as per my experience with existing company, I have taken connection from three different companies even though it was no feasibility. After installing it at my home, I faced lots of problem. So, I companied a lot to companies authority. Then, it comes out that sales persons gave connection to complete their targets even though requests were rejected by technical team. Sales persons never care about companies' reputation. They keep money in the targets.

That's probably half the problem. Perhaps some kind of directional wireless (maybe Free-Space-Optics) would be a solution for your area. It has a range of about 4km, but due to the air in India I'd probably halve that to be safe. We can push up to 1Gbit/s on FSO - but it's a little expensive to deploy so we'd probably have to share that among a few users.

@mgcarley - when are you guys planning to some to Bhopal(Madhya Pradesh)

We can only but talk with the cable operator, or otherwise take measures to ensure he doesn't cut the cables, including but not limited to political or financial pressure.
Yes, it could be done by talking to cable operator but they are not ready even no company is ready to invest to give connectivity because right now, I am the only one who wants to continue with cable connectivity. No company is ready to install their set up for one customer. This is all because of these local wireless companies who spoiled internet markets. Reliance or tata has to install another dp if they want to provide me a connection which is little bit costly even if I pay annually. & also cable systems are old. So, I may face downtime during power cut. Companies will not be ready to concentrate on dp to which I am connected with because of I am only the one customer. In the future, company does not see any sales growth in my area with cable because tariffs are very costly in comparison with local wireless company's tariff. At here, no body wants to invest more money on bandwidth. People always find cheap. That is the big problem in india.

That's probably half the problem. Perhaps some kind of directional wireless (maybe Free-Space-Optics) would be a solution for your area. It has a range of about 4km, but due to the air in India I'd probably halve that to be safe. We can push up to 1Gbit/s on FSO - but it's a little expensive to deploy so we'd probably have to share that among a few users.

Yes, it could be possible to do in my area but you should throw cheap low speed tariff in my area to gain customers which is not your plan to do. Not only in my area, you may experience in many area of different-different cities in india whether you give high bandwidth. Indian internet users are increasing but bandwidth requirement is still less. You may gain business users most because it is only affordable for them. If a residential user wants your connectivity, he should limit his usage.

It can also happen when the load balancers fail.
I think sometimes this situation happens with BSNL and reliance. That is not their fault. It happens because of their poor system. And customers receive long bill of having excess usage and they tell that company is cheating. Company can take advantage of this fault to make customers bill longer. I also got bill of 50k from BSNL which i have not paid yet since 3-4 years.

Yes, it could be done by talking to cable operator but they are not ready even no company is ready to invest to give connectivity because right now, I am the only one who wants to continue with cable connectivity. No company is ready to install their set up for one customer. This is all because of these local wireless companies who spoiled internet markets. Reliance or tata has to install another dp if they want to provide me a connection which is little bit costly even if I pay annually. & also cable systems are old. So, I may face downtime during power cut. Companies will not be ready to concentrate on dp to which I am connected with because of I am only the one customer. In the future, company does not see any sales growth in my area with cable because tariffs are very costly in comparison with local wireless company's tariff. At here, no body wants to invest more money on bandwidth. People always find cheap. That is the big problem in india.

Yes, it is.

But depending on your distance from... whereever we can provide our nearest connection point, running a single fiber to your home or even one to service your entire CHS might not be too hard - it'll have to be something we'll have to look at when we come to Ahmedabad and start negotiating with the authorities about stuff like RoW and everything else.

Yes, it could be possible to do in my area but you should throw cheap low speed tariff in my area to gain customers which is not your plan to do.

It's not exactly that, it's just not feasible. My network is built to provide up to 1Gbit/s but it doesn't cost me any less if I only provide 1mbit/s, so for me to pay the same price and then charge less for less speed just doesn't work.

Similarly, your power company couldn't give you say, only 50v instead of 240v and charge you less for it.

Not only in my area, you may experience in many area of different-different cities in india whether you give high bandwidth. Indian internet users are increasing but bandwidth requirement is still less. You may gain business users most because it is only affordable for them. If a residential user wants your connectivity, he should limit his usage.

Yes and no. The flat-rate plans should keep most people comfortable. Only the most horrendous bandwidth abusers will probably have to face my wrath ;)

But I fail to see why metered usage is such a problem IF the usage is charged at a reasonable rate. You pay your phone and power by the minute and kilowatt hour, why not your Internet? Grants, Internet currently costs several hundred rupees for 1GB in most cases, but we're only charging 10, which is a lot more reasonable IMO.

Basically what I'm trying to point out is, you can't leave on your A/C 24x7 and then expect your bill to be only Rs1000.

I think sometimes this situation happens with BSNL and reliance. That is not their fault. It happens because of their poor system. And customers receive long bill of having excess usage and they tell that company is cheating. Company can take advantage of this fault to make customers bill longer. I also got bill of 50k from BSNL which i have not paid yet since 3-4 years.

Guess it's lucky that our plans are all prepaid.

Yes, it is.

But depending on your distance from... whereever we can provide our nearest connection point, running a single fiber to your home or even one to service your entire CHS might not be too hard - it'll have to be something we'll have to look at when we come to Ahmedabad and start negotiating with the authorities about stuff like RoW and everything else.

It's not exactly that, it's just not feasible. My network is built to provide up to 1Gbit/s but it doesn't cost me any less if I only provide 1mbit/s, so for me to pay the same price and then charge less for less speed just doesn't work.

Similarly, your power company couldn't give you say, only 50v instead of 240v and charge you less for it.

Yes and no. The flat-rate plans should keep most people comfortable. Only the most horrendous bandwidth abusers will probably have to face my wrath ;)

But I fail to see why metered usage is such a problem IF the usage is charged at a reasonable rate. You pay your phone and power by the minute and kilowatt hour, why not your Internet? Grants, Internet currently costs several hundred rupees for 1GB in most cases, but we're only charging 10, which is a lot more reasonable IMO.

Basically what I'm trying to point out is, you can't leave on your A/C 24x7 and then expect your bill to be only Rs1000.

Guess it's lucky that our plans are all prepaid.

I am not telling that you will not have residential users. You will have like me but users will keep their usage in limit to keep their bill at affordable rate. "bill limit" is very great which you are going to offer. And recently, tikona is offering. Even though you keep 10Rs per gb price. Assume that you will give 100mbps with 200gb usage. So, I make sure that my bill should not go beyond 1000/=. The only I can this much money on internet but in starting month I could not hold my excitement of having 100mbps network. After some time there will become like I am using regular internet.

I am not telling that you will not have residential users. You will have like me but users will keep their usage in limit to keep their bill at affordable rate. "bill limit" is very great which you are going to offer. And recently, tikona is offering. Even though you keep 10Rs per gb price. Assume that you will give 100mbps with 200gb usage. So, I make sure that my bill should not go beyond 1000/=. The only I can this much money on internet but in starting month I could not hold my excitement of having 100mbps network. After some time there will become like I am using regular internet.

PM me with a link to your location on Google Maps so I can ask someone about feasibility to your location. Yes I realize that you're in Ahmedabad (GJ) but my CTO is from Rajasthan (Jaipur or Raipur or something) so with Ahmedabad being in-between he probably knows the situation. In fact it was he who suggested that we should go to Ahmedabad as one of the first cities.

my CTO is from Rajasthan (Jaipur or Raipur or something)

Hey mgcarley, it's Jaipur man. Raipur is in Chhattisgarh (It's the capital.)

Hey mgcarley, it's Jaipur man. Raipur is in Chhattisgarh (It's the capital.)

There are about 5 Raipur's in India, including one in Rajasthan. I have no idea if it's the correct one because it was only mentioned in passing, but he mentioned having a house in Jaipur at least as well, because it's equipped with BSNL's FTTH service.

There are about 5 Raipur's in India, including one in Rajasthan. I have no idea if it's the correct one because it was only mentioned in passing, but he mentioned having a house in Jaipur at least as well, because it's equipped with BSNL's FTTH service.

My bad, man. I'm a little weak with geography.

My bad, man. I'm a little weak with geography.

Hey, I only learned it too as I was typing in "Raipur" to check just before I made the post about him being from Rajasthan, but I had a feeling anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back