Expectations and Feedback for Hayai Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter cst1992
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 137
  • Views Views 38,124
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is your CTO? I know you could not be. And how many office are you going to open around india????????????

Who is your CTO? I know you could not be.

A bloke by the name of Ripunjay, who may also come on to the board of directors along with myself, Satish, Savio, Rahul and potentially one other. FTR, I am putting myself in the position of COO.

And how many office are you going to open around india????????????

As many as necessary.

COO = Chief Operating OfficerCEO = Chief Executive OfficerMy guess is he meant COO... MG does not seem like the Executive type to me :P ...

You mean CEO?

No, I mean COO.

COO = Chief Operating Officer
CEO = Chief Executive Officer

My guess is he meant COO... MG does not seem like the Executive type to me :P ...

I'm already CEO of my other companies. but with Hayai, I think I'd be much more useful taking care of the operations than the paperwork.

No, I mean COO.
Looks like I'm going to learn much more here than just that when Hayai is coming to Nagpur..... I did not know there is a COO too.

Hey mg BRO,
Is QOS important for downloading and streaming???

sach92(YOUR BRO)

I am not mg but I want to answer.

QoS(Quality of service)
It is useful to set priority for content. It can be used to transfer maximum bandwidth to streaming and downloading. Your total bandwidth should capable for constant buffering.
Normally, it is very useful if sometimes traffic are increased on the network. Suppose, you have 256kbps plan and you want to run VOIP as well as one computer user simultaneously . So, you can set "voice priority" first. So, Qos will transfer maximum bandwidth to voip during VOIP and users both are online at that time but user may suffer some slow speed issue or high latency problem/breaking but voip will work well if voip can work on 256kbps.
Today some companies' voips are capable to work fine on dial up speed like vonage. Minimum speed requirement to run vonage voip is 90kbps.
You will get better answer from mg.

Do hayai modem have NAS feature????

The ZyXEL ones were going to have USB ports to attach hard drives to, but they couldn't be delivered. Alcatel's default ones I don't think have this facility, but now that we're looking at ordering a minimum of 30,000 units just to start (10,000 each for Mumbai, Pune and Delhi), they might OEM something for us, since the series we've been shown has 2 GigE ports and 2 RJ-11 ports for VOIP and they're talking about increasing that to 4 GigE ports - that's all being discussed now, but it depends on how much it adds to the price of the unit.

Maybe you'll have to buy your own NAS device and connect it to one of the ethernet ports because I know at least here a NAS device with capacity for 2 hard drives is about $200 (Rs 6k), but then again adding 2x USB ports if they can OEM something for us might only add $2 so who knows, I just have to request it.

Looks like I'm going to learn much more here than just that when Hayai is coming to Nagpur..... I did not know there is a COO too.

:D

There's also CTO (technology), CIO (information), CFO (financial)... etc, but we don't want to put too many management positions in place. The main reason I have 4 (soon to be 6) directors is because of their various expertise' and connections - both financial and political.

Hey mg BRO,
Is QOS important for downloading and streaming???

sach92(YOUR BRO)

Relatively. Basically it allows us to prioritize packets (duh). From memory I think there are 7 basic levels to which we can set given types of traffic.

VOIP and IPTV feeds are usually classified as "high priority". Stuff like Youtube would fall under HTTP which is usually about middle of the road and most types of P2P are usually classified as "low priority".

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Tada - Wikipedia has a fairly detailed (although not entirely well thought out) page on the same: Quality of service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The ZyXEL ones were going to have USB ports to attach hard drives to, but they couldn't be delivered. Alcatel's default ones I don't think have this facility, but now that we're looking at ordering a minimum of 30,000 units just to start (10,000 each for Mumbai, Pune and Delhi), they might OEM something for us, since the series we've been shown has 2 GigE ports and 2 RJ-11 ports for VOIP and they're talking about increasing that to 4 GigE ports - that's all being discussed now, but it depends on how much it adds to the price of the unit.
Maybe you'll have to buy your own NAS device and connect it to one of the ethernet ports because I know at least here a NAS device with capacity for 2 hard drives is about $200 (Rs 6k), but then again adding 2x USB ports if they can OEM something for us might only add $2 so who knows, I just have to request it.

NAS is little bit costly. I think zyxel feature was very good. I have not seen NAS feature in any network router. If it offers, there will be costly only business user can afford it. By the way, why do not you put this feature with your modem provided by alcatel-lucent? Customers who want this, they will pay extra for that.
Zyxel modem was too perfect as you have mentioned your feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back