Expectations and Feedback for Hayai Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter cst1992
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 137
  • Views Views 38,124
Status
Not open for further replies.
ZyXEL is some low quality modem, why not take Huawei instead.

Even mg said that its used in swedan for SE.
Do you want to have tariff hike in price then demand for Huawei.?
By the way, alcatel-lucent company is not a small company. I think they take contract for maintenance and installation in the sea.
http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/products/submarine/index.html
I have not used huawei's product yet but I have found their products very costly.

NAS is little bit costly. I think ZyXEL feature was very good. I have not seen NAS feature in any network router. If it offers, there will be costly only business user can afford it. By the way, why do not you put this feature with your modem provided by alcatel-lucent? Customers who want this, they will pay extra for that.
Zyxel modem was too perfect as you have mentioned your feature.

Like I said, I would have to ask Alcatel. I'm not the manufacturer of the device - I get what I'm given for the most part.

The Zyxel device *would* have been perfect but it doesn't fit the network anymore anyway. Wrong type of topology.

ZyXEL is some low quality modem, why not take Huawei instead.

Even mg said that its used in swedan for SE.

Are you serious? Huawei is even lower quality than Zyxel. Just because it's used in Sweden, doesn't mean it's good. I wouldn't be surprised if the second network that moves to LTE takes Ericsson or Nokia Siemens. Huawei was even lower on the list than UTStarcom (not by much, but it was there).

I would admit, however, that some Zyxel modems have been shipped with a few software problems.

Do you want to have tariff hike in price then demand for Huawei.?
By the way, alcatel-lucent company is not a small company. I think they take contract for maintenance and installation in the sea.
Alcatel-Lucent Submarine Networks

Alcatel is a very long established and very large company. It's presence in India however, is relatively new. We will be their first FTTH project in the country, although worldwide they're I think they're the market leader for FTTx or at least very close to the top. In the USA their share is being eaten a bit by Zhone, though I'm not entirely sure why - they are making a lot of noise though.

I have not used huawei's product yet but I have found their products very costly.

WTF? Huawei are cheap compared to most platforms. Although they're the "premier" brand of China, that's not really saying much.

WTF? Huawei are cheap compared to most platforms. Although they're the "premier" brand of China, that's not really saying much.
Like i said i found huawei costly. i found 3g sim based router in 6-9k at here with import duties. Whereas other I found in max 6k at here like bigpond netcomm one. But i think you may be right that I have done survey on these two company because rest of the companies have launched limited no of 3g sim based routers.

Like i said i found Huawei costly. i found 3g sim based router in 6-9k at here with import duties. Whereas other I found in max 6k at here like bigpond netcomm one. But i think you may be right that I have done survey on these two company because rest of the companies have launched limited no of 3g sim based routers.

With import duties on certain types of products reaching something like 53%, I'm not surprised you found it costly.

If it were branded as Bigpond (as in the Australian ISP) then it would have been second hand product, or if new it would have been ex-network stock which probably means the price was reduced to begin with. Maybe.

sach92 said:
IN UAE as i said i the ISP has installed Huawei FTTH modem with their ETISALAT BATCH.

So i would like to know if we can configure the settings of that modem. I tried it once but landed in some etisalat page.

They might have custom firmware which prevents it. Free and Neuf in France have a thing where you actually have to log in to a web portal to configure the settings of your modem rather than in to the modem itself. I thought it was weird but I guess it's a good way of somewhat restricting the number of ways a user can screw up the settings.

A bit OFFTOPIC( JUST 4 break): Do u watch PRISON BREAK, can u suggest me any other alternative to it???[/QUOTE]

I don't have much time for TV. When I do watch it I'm usually watching BBC World or in the rare event that I'm relaxing, something on Discovery, National Geographic, History, Documentary, Travel, Food or Lifestyle channels. If I feel the need to catch up on an episode of some sitcom I'll either use the new TVNZ on Demand or iSky (assuming said program has been broadcast in NZ) or I'll download it.

A bit OFFTOPIC( JUST 4 break): Do u watch PRISON BREAK, can u suggest me any other alternative to it???
I don't have much time for TV. When I do watch it I'm usually watching BBC World or in the rare event that I'm relaxing, something on Discovery, National Geographic, History, Documentary, Travel, Food or Lifestyle channels. If I feel the need to catch up on an episode of some sitcom I'll either use the new TVNZ on Demand or iSky (assuming said program has been broadcast in NZ) or I'll download it.

Hey start watchin Dexter You wld luv it,Prison Break is not that gr8..Dexter FTW \m/

Message to all:
Now that the launch is nearing, I'd like to tell you that this thread has been created for suggestions and expectations that people have from Hayai.
Even after the launch, people can use the thread for feedback relating to their Hayai experiences. Keep posting.

For the IPTV users, something like a Multi-Hub DVR or Multi-Room DVR would be nice.

I assume by which you mean a set-top-box in each room. That is possible - just, those STBs ain't cheap. Once I have a final wholesale price I can have some idea of what the monthly rental will be.

Our USP on IPTV, apart from being all-HD (some content won't have been filmed or remastered to HD) is to have you be able to pick channels a-la-carte and pay only for the channels you want (rather than paying for the 137 of 150 that you don't watch).

We provide the buffet, you take as many or as few as you want.

I don't know about the other players, but I believe that you can do the same thing with Tata Sky now.Anyway, *if* you plan on doing launching a DVR, some users might prefer to have a DVR in each room. Also, once media is saved or bought on any one DVR, we should be able to access it from any of the other STBs / DVRs.This is from a FIOS or DVR forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back