Expectations and Feedback for Hayai Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter cst1992
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 137
  • Views Views 38,124
Status
Not open for further replies.
on DVRs, you have to record the stuff manually. when you pause a live broadcast, the STB starts recording it. but you do not get access to the stuff that is not manually recorded by you.

with airtel iptv... they store all the stuff on their servers. it works like a streaming service then. from their servers.

Yes, so for me this would be called VoD (Video on Demand).

Matthew...can we have a date yet?

Not until I've spoken to MHA at the very least.

right. this is sort of hybrid video on demand. i cannot watch the programming from the future. the recording is done in real time. so anything that has been broadcasted by the channels is available instantly.

not offtopic exactly..start of same topic kind of..how does iptv work?andwill it be in HD?

not offtopic exactly..
start of same topic kind of..
how does iptv work?

In short, a set-top-box connects to one of the ethernet ports on the cpe and is used just like any other STB.

will it be in HD?

Yes - if the original broadcast is in HD, then it will be HD. If the original broadcast is offered to us in SD and HD formats, we will only carry the HD version.

In short, a set-top-box connects to one of the ethernet ports on the cpe and is used just like any other STB.

Well, that's good assuming it doesn't eat up too much of data cause I'll be on data plan.

Yes - if the original broadcast is in HD, then it will be HD. If the original broadcast is offered to us in SD and HD formats, we will only carry the HD version.

cool

Well, that's good assuming it doesn't eat up too much of data cause I'll be on data plan.

It could potentially eat up huge amounts of bandwidth, but being IPTV it's considered Hayai Zone and therefore not charged.

yyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssss :)and the customers using triple play, they will also use VOIP, so is that in the Hayai Zone too?

yyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssss :)

.......................................................I don't think even Airtel would charge per GB of IPTV watched :D

and the customers using triple play, they will also use VOIP, so is that in the Hayai Zone too?

Yes. It's also on and configured by default - mostly for calling other customers and tech-support/etc but it's there for everyone - just plug in a standard touch tone phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back