• Thread starter Thread starter nocaps
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 85
  • Views Views 35,428
QUOTE(vakubhai @ Apr 29 2006, 05:20 PM) [snapback]49631[/snapback]
best is getting a timed switch.

want one pm me for around 1500 Rs.
[/b]

IMHO, why spend Rs. 1500 for hardware, when you can accomplish the same thing using software that comes pre-installed with Windows (rasdial.exe and Windows Scheduler) ?

See my post above in this thread for more details, or just click here

Let me know if you have any questions.

hey guys..i am using this telent thing to reboot my router..but is there's ne risk if i switch off my router at 9.00 or 10.00 am..after rebooting at..say 7.45 and then switching off my pc at 7.50...coz am not sure of it and cant take ne risk...also i will have the sesson history from 7.45 to 9.00..so how mch mbs will b counted in day usage for this?? though nothing has been dlaod

hey dude donot worryeven i use the waysesssion history for that time period is vary less i mean leass than a 1 mbactually it sud be sumtin like this 0.00123 etcso donot worry.

Use Bridged Mode...No hassles of rebooting etc...Simple disconnection means ur off the MTNL n/w:D

I have come across a pretty good router rebooting software...works for the ill fated UT 300R2U too.

http://corz.org/comms/hardware/router/Auto...ripting-Engine/

and this script:-

http://corz.org/comms/hardware/router/Auto...Engine/scripts/

router-rebooter.arse

schedule the script to run every 1 min for 5 consecutive minutes to ensure that the router reboots at least once and the session gets cut off. works like a dream for me. good bye huge bills :)

Hi NocapsThanks for your help.Unfortunately your method hasnt worked for me. tst10 doesnt carry out the task automatically. it stops after entering the username. the password has to be entered manually. even after entering the password manually, the reboot command has to be manually entered too.how do i automate these? i use windows2000

I use this n it works

Code:
192.168.1.1 23WAIT "login"SEND "admin\m"WAIT "Password"SEND "*******\m"WAIT "#"SEND "reboot\m"WAIT "#"

chk ur" \m "after admin wud b missin that is y u hav to type ue password maually

I can't believe these scheduling topics are still getting bumped. I mean, I hoped that this would be a pretty cut and dried procedure by now. Anyways, for the record sake, TST does work if the instructions are followed. And for the record I'm no more using this method becuase I switched over to cyberwiz's method of bridged conenction. Both the methods worked perfectly for me but the bridged mode gives me a tighter control over the usage than an always on connection. So it depends on which method you prefer. Macro based routes are nothing but a major headache.

Back