Frequent pixellation on many channels

• Thread starter Thread starter punekar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 6,337
Yes my stb gives lot of pixellation and freezing of picture for 2-3 seconds every 5 minutes

Well, that gives me some comfort that I am not alone. As someone said it might be due to pumping in too many HD channels on the same platform which is causing these issues.

Thanks for sharing.

Im in Pune too...No problems for me...!!...Using Dish TruHDWhich area....??

Im in Pune too...
No problems for me...!!...Using Dish TruHD
Which area....??

Think True HD user getting good Quality.

Im in Pune too...
No problems for me...!!...Using Dish TruHD
Which area....??

I am in Ghorpadi area. But I don't have TruHD. If I ever move to HD, it will be Tata Sky HD+ for sure. Saw it a friends house and the quality and interface was fantastic.

I am in Ghorpadi area. But I don't have TruHD. If I ever move to HD, it will be Tata Sky HD+ for sure. Saw it a friends house and the quality and interface was fantastic.

My 6-month long saga finally came to an end yesterday. Many technicians came and went. One of them suggested that I keep the STB outside the TV cabinet so that it would be better cooled. That didnt help. Finally, one smart fellow told us that our VC card was faulty. I had no idea how he determined that. The condition here was that a replacement VC card would cost me Rs. 400. I told the service center that I would pay only if the problem did indeed get fixed considering I had already paid close to Rs. 2000 for all the replacements done. That was not acceptable to them. So I told them I was going with TataSky. Finally, some manager type person agreed. So they came and changed my card. Pairing with the new card took around 3 hours. Lo and behold, no pixellation, whatsover. Simply unbelievable. I have to pinch myself to believe that the problem has indeed gone away.

So now, I have new Dish, new STB, new LNB, new cable and finally a new VC card. Need to still pay the Rs. 400. Apart from the money, the amount of headache and numerous technicians (duffers) that I had to endure was priceless (to use a term from a credit card ad campaign).

Hoping that my story might benefit someone someday.

Well things have great for the past few days. No pixellation. But I have run into a new problem.

I had used a parental lock on some channels. Today when I tried to view some of the those channels, the STB does not accept my PIN. Looks like there is some connection of the PIN with VC card. Anybody faced this problem? I have called the call center. Maybe they can reset it.

- - - Updated - - -

Well things have great for the past few days. No pixellation. But I have run into a new problem.

I had used a parental lock on some channels. Today when I tried to view some of the those channels, the STB does not accept my PIN. Looks like there is some connection of the PIN with VC card. Anybody faced this problem? I have called the call center. Maybe they can reset it.

I had a send an e-mail to customer care and the PIN has been reset. Good to see better customer service from DishTV.

Back