Gearbest Shopping User Experiences

• Thread starter Thread starter Nishant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 84
  • Views Views 15,956
nephew placed an order for around 30 dollars. paid 25 dollars fast shipping on it. ended up paying 1350 custom duty on it.
told him to order products individually with slower 7 day shipping.

DHL I guess?

yup. i had told him to use gati. but he said he wanted it faster. lol.
dhl delayed the delivery in any case because they wanted to do kyc. took a lot of time to process it so his package arrived with a lot of delay in any case.

nephew placed an order for around 30 dollars. paid 25 dollars fast shipping on it. ended up paying 1350 custom duty on it.
told him to order products individually with slower 7 day shipping.
big orivate firms like dhl, fedex dont want to deal with custom delays so they collect customs beforehand . better to avoid that for small items below 50$

I am having a weird experience with gearbest.

I had ordered two items earlier and they came without any issues

Then about a month back, I ordered a phone for ~220 USD so they said for additional verification, send a blurred copy of the card etc. so I did that

Then they cancelled the order

After that, any order I place, gets refunded automatically, even if its a 3 USD item. Tried paying both through paypal and directly also. Tried different cards also

Very weird.

I created a new account with my moms name and email id and that order also got cancelled

This is what they said on FB Messenger

W17111104441XXXXX The order was cancelled since the shipper could not ship it.

I guess the problem is selecting the expedited shipping (GATI) option. But then that is the only reason to use gearbest over AliExpress

That sucks. Faster delivery is the sole reason I use Gearbest too. I had ordered two items (a data/charging cable and Mi Bluetooth Selfie Stick) out of which the cable is already out for delivery but the Selfie Stick is 'on hold with customs' according to GATI. They say it would take a week more to deliver.

Back