Google Nexus 4

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 621
  • Views Views 45,876
not good source???

why would u not???

More than 95% root their phone to load a custom ROM that gives pure android experience. Since Nexus range is a pure android experience why would you want a ROM that takes away that?
Of course some people root to tun applications that wold not run otherwise on a unrooted phone.
do i have to apply to idea for micro sim?? or i can cut it myself btw?
Get it cut from any mobile shop. They charge you 50 bucks or so. Or you can apply and get it in a day or two from your CSP. Third option is to buy a cutters that are available on ebay for as low as 50 bucks.

titanum backup is the single sole reason enough to root your phone .last night i flashed my phone with jelly bean based rom 4.1.2 and installed all my apps via titanium in 15 minutes with all the data as it was before, and i was on ics 4.04 before.

you need titanium backup no matter if u are on stock rom or vannila or not , anytime u may need a factory reset or anything

and there are times when u are bored with stock rom as well, not to forget tons of other apps which need root as well. u cannot even reboot ur phone without root, which also is a big reason for rooting for me, as android needs a reboot every 24 hours or so .

yes i hate turning phone off 1st and the wait 10 seconds more to let it shut off totally and then manually turning it on:D

By the way are you sure they are going to deliver in 2 weeks? The device is in short supply.

let it be short supply............i will get it when its in stock again, its for everyone u see , no one is going to get it wen out of stock

do i have to apply to idea for micro sim?? or i can cut it myself btw?

I bought my Samsung Galaxy s3 from reliance digital in delhi. Like someone also mentioned above, they have a stapler type tool with which they can cut a normal SIM into the size of a micro SIM. They do it for free if you are buying phone or iPad etc. from them.

You can cut it yourself also but you will need a micro SIM to measure and mark the lines on the normal SIM to know where to cut it.

More than 95% root their phone to load a custom ROM that gives pure android experience. Since Nexus range is a pure android experience why would you want a ROM that takes away that?
Of course some people root to tun applications that wold not run otherwise on a unrooted phone.

no, 95% ppl dont use it for pure android experience , they root because they want roms with different , different personality . there is no single rom in the community which has all what ppl want

I rooted my micromax for three apps that needed superuser access. Adfree, reverse tether and terminal emulator with busybox. Plus I kind of feel that if I own a machine that runs linux then I need root access (just like that). Regarding that 95% stats I am not sure why other ppl do it though.Me too waiting for nexus 4 to launch and prices to settle down and also waiting for increment in my salary to buy nexus 4 and rooting it :)

I suggest investing in the micro sim cutter (which looks like a stapler). As it is more phones are now going towards Micro sim as a standard.

Back