Google Nexus 4

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 621
  • Views Views 45,875
I think we lack a gr8 device that one can say is the best mid-range phone. I think Nexus 4 will fill that.People will look forward to lumia 820 too.

It would be realistically priced at 30k

If the inbuilt storage is only 8gb or 16gb then lack of memory card slot will hurt. Actual user available memory will be even less. IMHO, if manufacturers dont want to include a memory card slot then they should bundle minimum 32gb memory with their phones. Rest of the specs are good.

google probably was aiming at keeping the prices at the lower end because they wanted to avoid the fiasco that happened with verizon wireless. Galaxy nexus was a verizon exclusive. gsm unlocked launched way too late because of that exclusive deal. verizon did not promote the phone well considering they already had the iPhone. selling nexus 4 at USD 550 like previous nexus models would have resulted in another average seller. so they ignored lte. removed the sd card slot. offered the basic models at pretty impressive prices. i am going to bet that 32GB and 64GB models would arrive in a couple of months.

yeah, the 8GB and 16GB will be hot sellers at that price, even in India. Without the card slot maybe they are pushing customers to cloud storage too.Then they will come up with 32GB-64GB models with LTE/4G support :panda:

that seems to be the strategy. they did the same with nexus 7. and are doing the same with nexus 10.

if that really does happen in india, it would create a mini havoc in the market.

samsung would have to completely revise their entire product range. Sony and htc would have to do so as well.

I think you are grossly overestimating the emphasis that the average smartphone buyer places on specs and underestimating the emphasis they place on the brand.

In the US, the fact that Google would back it and advertise it etc. would make a lot of difference. In India it won't work that much.

so you are saying that if LG prices this phone in the range of 22-25K it would still not attract buyers in india because they would go for samsung instead?

True droid lovers will choose a LG nexus :P , few friends in US are not happy because of no LTE/4G. So a market like India will be the best bet for Nexus 4!

i am usually wrong about a lot of things. but i see LG promoting this phone in india as a google phone.

lg knows that they are unlikely to move a lot of units of optimus g in india because of competing products like the s3 and 1x.

their best bet to do well in india is to put shit load of marketing effort behind nexus 4.

i would also not be surprised to see google.co.in promoting this phone for indian web users.

google already has an indian version of nexus website:

Back