Google Nexus 4

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 621
  • Views Views 45,875
This is one thing that I always wondered. Since google usually supports phones with software updates until it feels that the software will not run optimally on that device, with this device, it makes it seem very hard to me to imagine that even in the next 4-5 versions, it would not be possible to run the OS smoothly on a quad core processor and 2GB of RAM. the same thing happened with desktop processors as well. if you upgraded from say a Pentium 4 released in 2000 to say a Pentium D in 2005, there would have been a massive improvement in the user experience while using the OS. then if you say moved to a Core2Duo in 2006, again an improvement in performance. Now say you upgraded to a Core2Quad when they were first released (say the q6600 in end 2006), you'd again have an improvement in performance. But what after that? In terms of the UI/user experience (not playing games and encoding stuff etc.) I don't think there would be a significant difference in user experience on using Windows 8 between a 6 year old Q6600 and say an i5 2570k launched this year. So my basic point is that, this processor/phone seems to be that landmark to me.

right. nexus 4 should be able to handle a lot more updates. it is not yet clear if 4.2 would come out on nexus s. and for how long Galaxy nexus would be supported. but knowing how things work, future android builds might become even more resource incentive :\

https://youtube.com/watch?v=66-4uMQqerA

finally gets more control in the notification center:

https://imgur.com/zaepA

These notification controls are just settings shortcuts, not toggles :/

My Opinion about LG has changed a bit after watching the video to be honest, they make phones as well :|not just wash clothes and cool water!

Buy the Nexus 4 only if you trust LG 's CC. I've never experienced it so can't say

lol. almost all nexus device owners on this forum have units that did not come with a warranty in the first place. and someone did post here that LG customer care is pretty good in india.

The battery! 10 hrs of talktime looks good. Gorilla glass on front and back! Device looks better.No memory slot , maybe they want users to get on thr online storage.No 4G but HSPA + is fine here though :PSo overall a gr8 buy for people looking for a mid-range phone.

if that really does happen in india, it would create a mini havoc in the market. samsung would have to completely revise their entire product range. Sony and htc would have to do so as well. which sounds a bit unrealistic to me. but i would not mind of course.LG's own cheapest quad core phone is priced at Rs. 26500 which is a pretty old model. So, I am just being realistic here. Google Play does not sell music or videos here in the Indian market. So, they cannot really sell it as almost subsidized prices. Markets getting the cool pricing have Google Play media support.

Back