Google Nexus 5

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,651
  • Views Views 152,793
Right. Loved the new bootanimation, though the animation not fluid on my Nook HD+. Stable version has not arrived for it yet.

I wonder when I can get CM's version of KitKat on GN :D

I'm sure the nightlies would arrive soon. But afaik CM installer only installs CM if a stable or snapshot version is available. Nightlies (a.k.a. official beta builds) are ignored.

It is very easy to install a rom, long press power button and press reboot and select recovery. Now in recovery use vol buttons for navigating and power button to select. Go to install zip file, from sdcard, choose the downloaded cm11 zip and then click yes. Same way install google apps zip. Done, now you have kitkat!

A couple of users in N5 India XDA thread are reporting dead pixels and the screwed up Google India RMA service. Bc phone sahi mil jaaye :|

Would have been quite fun dealing with Google India RMA. I just hope I did not damage the display. Manufacturing problems are relatively fun.

It is very easy to install a rom, long press power button and press reboot and select recovery. Now in recovery use vol buttons for navigating and power button to select. Go to install zip file, from sdcard, choose the downloaded cm11 zip and then click yes. Same way install google apps zip. Done, now you have kitkat!
The steps were told to him before too. He's too lazy to do that :tongue:

Well. CM automatically updates to newer builds. And I do not want the hassle of setting up apps and logins once again. Yes, I know I can use some backup app and restore data. I do not plan to deal with it really. Just waiting for a screen guard to arrive to get back to N5. :D

You can update without wiping data. If you are uncomfortable with recovery then use rom manager or some other rom installing app to let it do the work.

Back