Google Nexus 5

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,651
  • Views Views 152,770
Yup. The original source did not even say that it would be making THE Nexus smartphone of this year. :) Just A Nexus device... Way to change the meaning of a one line comment by the source.
We might get a Google Nexus X based on the Moto X along with an updated Nexus 4 or Nexus 5. ;)

yes nexus x is being developed with moto and is slotted for thanksgiving release,i heard.
The specs you mentions for nex5 are too impressive,but the price for those wont be less than 500$ for sure.

I am going to get a nexus next month, but i am a little bit confused whether i should wait for n5 or just go with n4, any help guys?

Are you getting from US? Or buying in India?
If buying from US - You can consider waiting. If local, there is no point as it would be a while since it would be available in India.

If you can wait for two three months. N4 is almost 10 months old.

^
That's not the pic of a Nexus 5. He meant it would be BASED on Optimus 9 II (the specifications part), just as Nexus 4 is based on Optimus G which has a hardware button.

AbhishekS said:
4.5 inch? Why would they reduce the screen size?
I for one actually think 4.5" would be better. I hate Apple phones but what the only thing I love about iPhone 5 is it's design, small (okay) size screen. I own a nexus 4 ( ofc I love it ) but the only thing I hate is it's 4.7" screen. It's not comfortable to use a phone this big.

So, Here's my take on what will make nexus 5 a winner

4.5" screen ( not 1080p, that's just marketing plot anyway)
Snapdragon 800 ( HELL YEAH! ) there were rumors that it may have tegra 4, but then again on benchmarks 800 pwns tegra 4 ;)
3gb of Ram ( 2gb is more than enough anyways though )
4000 mAH battery.
Sapphire glass may be ? that be epic but I think they will go with Gorilla Glass 3 both in front and back :tongue:
16gb space is still good enough.
May be some more megapixels on camera, but if not, still good enough :)
[color=#000000;][font="Arial;"]Quad-core 2.26 GHz Krait 400[/color][/font]
Adreno 330
KLP 5.0
edge to edge display please!
ofc this sounds like it will be an expensive one but with smaller screen , may be it can adjust with the same prices as nexus 4? :)

Back