• Thread starter Thread starter havoc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,054

havoc

I got banned!
ISP
Excitel, Vi, Airtel, Jio & BSNL 😉
Hey guys. My Google Play download speeds are slow in comparison to my plan. I have 300 Mbps excitel plan which gives me 38+ MB/s download speeds on YouTube, Amazon Prime and other places. But when I download any game from play store or app then it varies between 15-20 MB/s. I know it's a lot but still not the same for the plan I'm paying for. Please can you guys check your play store download speeds? Let me know what could be the reason and how to fix it. I am using Wifi 6 router + Motorola edge 20 Pro with Snapdragon 870.

I guess it's single threaded? What's your speed on fast.com if you set max parallel connections to 1

@havoc, I meant poor QOS banding on ISPs side not yours.
Hence, I said to cold reboot, if there is a small chance of improvement with IP Change. If these don't work and the issue persists for more than a day then call your ISP regarding this issue, as only they can fix it.

@Lolita_Magnum can you check your play download spees on excitel? Try downloading any big game like Republique or Asphalt 9 or Apex Legends Mobile. See if the additional file is being downloaded at 35+ MB/s or it's fluctuating. Let me know what you got. Is this QoS reason specific to my area or all over the place. Thanks :)

@havoc results are based on the phone's internal network monitor.
IMG-20220610-164016.jpg

IMG-20220610-163955.jpg

I'm getting about the same result when using Airtel too.
Tested on - iqoo 9 se

Means this is Google Play Store throttling. The same issue is with drive which doesn't go above 1-4 MB/s & YouTube uploads Also 10 MB/s Max. Don't know why Google has capped so many things. YouTube downloads get full 38-45 (60+ In Beginning). I've seen many threads about slow drive speeds everywhere but no one seems to help. Whereas uploading to YouTube via Chrome removes the bottleneck.

I guess it's to make sure, people don't overload the servers with their residential high speed connection.
But drive and YouTube doesn't seem to be capped for me with such low speeds as you have mentioned.

Back