Slow download speeds on 1gbps plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
@SpeedxThunder is able to get 2.4Gb/s on his Airtel connection in Bangalore. Previously, he was not able to. OLT is same, ONU is same(2.5G ONU) but something was stopping him achieve these speeds, so my guess is his BNG was overcrowded and now since they upgraded the capacity(call it network card) of the BNG and now he is getting good speeds. Only limitation he faces now is GPON limitation of 2.4Gb/s.

@Rickysin BNGs cost too much, OLTs as well. Airtel uses ZTE and Nokia OLT in my city, ZTE (16 Port) and Nokia (16 Port), each costs around 2.4-2.8Lac. This is just too much of investment we are expecting from Airtel. Mid grade BNGs costs 8-12 lakh.

Maybe they increased the capacity on the OLT itself, upgraded the optics.
They don't need to change the OLT to upgrade the capacity
I think it's SFP+ based and they can just change the transceivers

Last edited:
@Chip @phattunit Monthly recharge is another problem with tata play. They offer competitive prices only on long term plans. I personally don't like paying upfront for 6 or 12 months because that is too much of commitment. If you look at their monthly prices, it is higher than airtel for every plan.They just offer a discount of 10 or 20 percent if you move to a higher speed plan. Also no complimentary OTT subscription or anything like Airtel or Jio.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back