Have we reached the limit of inventions in technology

• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 251
  • Views Views 22,882
But i think we can obtain some thoughts from Science enthusiasts here on this......they must be knowing more on this!

Currently scientist assume that absence of water or oxygen on a planet means no life!!! Why do they assume that? Why cant there be a life which lives on say acid and hydrogen? There body might infact die in water or oxygen?! Isnt is worth thinking too?

currently one of the most interesting places in our solar system where scientists believe life could exist is Titan one of saturn's moon, 2nd largest moon in our solar system.
here, instead of water, liquid methane flows.
we now believe water and oxygen may not not pre requisites for life, although finding life forms that are unorganic (non carbon) seems unlikely cause of the variety of carbon compounds and other such properties of carbon. may be silicon life is possible, we are not sure.

There is another thing I keep thinking abt:

Currently scientist assume that absence of water or oxygen on a planet means no life!!! Why do they assume that? Why cant there be a life which lives on say acid and hydrogen? There body might infact die in water or oxygen?! Isnt is worth thinking too?
If life will be found on planet then it wil be a discovery not Invention. Eg. Electricty is a discovery not an Invention.

Yes, I know we are going offtopic. But its related.Finding something faster than light will also be discovery and not invention unless it was created by science!Like If you ride a ray light and then start running on that ray of light. Your real speed becomes faster than light!

Yes, I know we are going offtopic. But its related.

Finding something faster than light will also be discovery and not invention unless it was created by science!

Like If you ride a ray light and then start running on that ray of light. Your real speed becomes faster than light!
By Finding many of us mean Inventing, finding is just used casually,that's what I think. Now we need to invent the device which emits a ray over which a matter can be put as we have may ray emitting devices(normal ones like Laser Emitting Devices,) which were invented and not found laying in an ocean or desert.

Yes, I know we are going offtopic. But its related.

Finding something faster than light will also be discovery and not invention unless it was created by science!

Like If you ride a ray light and then start running on that ray of light. Your real speed becomes faster than light!

1] very close to a black hole, u may experience speeds approaching light speed. this is a discovery.
2] to make a device that accelerates object at such speeds is an invention. ( particle smasher, accelerates particle to such speeds)
3] suppose if u are in a train traveling very close to speed of light and inside u r running fast enough so that to a relatively stationary observer outside the train u are moving faster than speed of light, special relativity or the universe wont let this happen and slow down time inside the train for u, so that u NEVER break c.

he he...that's why someone said man's brain can think deeper than sea.
Light becomes horse a thing which one can ride!

1]universe wont let this happen and slow down time inside the train for u, so that u NEVER break c.

exactly this is what i say is assumption in the theory. All theory have assumptions.

so now time inside train will slow down just for me or also for other passengers? it shudnt for them because they are not running faster than light.

what will be my speed for passengers inside train because they will see me running at my normal HUMAN speed. so do u mean now i will be in 2 time zones? for co-passengers i will be in normal timezone and for outsiders i will be in SLOW timezone? if u say yes, then this wud be just ur imagination.

and i ran liek say 10 seconds.. but since i cant travel faster than light ... so even after running 10 seconds.. i shud be at same position, right?

so what happened to all my actions or running?

u see its complicated. these complications can be eliminated if u DONT make assumption that we cant travel faster than light.

and u say universe will slow down my time?? like how?

No 1 wants to prove him wrong. We are just telling that what u people have learnt, is just good in books! Practically, u tell me what can u do if u want to travel at that 99.999999% speed of light? Forget urself, if u want to make some meaningful use - may be transporting some object from 1 place to another at speed of light.......
I am a fan of the theory of relativity, atleast the general one is observed time & again. I even like to know about the topic of Time Travel. But how much practicality is attached to it?? This thread is basically about practical breakthroughs that can help mankind.

If someone can achieve it, its well & good - we can list it out in this thread as a breakthru by Man......but can it be done? Ok, u may still find someone being able to send an atom to future in time to come........but i think theres a very thin line distinguishing Man from atoms!!

problem with u right now is that u want things RIGHT NOW ,(give my answers right now, prove this thing right now, bhook lagi hai right now, time nahi hai right now ,ghar jana hai right now.....:rofl:)

u are saying it has no practice use .......wow...... i have given u one practical use of this theory as in GPS systems i am sure there are various uses of it right now happening which u and i may not be fully aware of........

do u want to say if we cannot travel at the speed of light we should not try to find how to do it and what elase can be done with it and for it????? if someone close to u for whom u have high regards will say" jaymin u will not be a CA , stop trying " u will stop trying????

ok. a new born baby is of no practical use at the time of his /her birth , but it has potential ............right....???

maybe all these things are new born babies yet..........
pls dont tell me what thread is all about, all of its posters including the starter have already diverted from the main point , if deep discussion is called "diversion" that is.

Back