Have we reached the limit of inventions in technology

• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 251
  • Views Views 22,882
Yes thread has diverted. But I dont mind it diverting because, I have got my answer.So we can continue with diversion as long as it remains related.The question now I ask is... all this things are related to light and its speed. So why assume that u cant exceed speed of light? And there is nothing faster than light? Just because we havent seen does not mean its not there.So in future if u find something faster than light, then what?I think then science will re-base 'c' as speed of that faster thing? So science will say, ok, now u can travel in future provided u can now exceed a new value of 'c'! Everything will remain same, all laws ... even E=mc2 ... but the value of 'c' will change.But again the point will be that.. going to past/future will remain in theory... wont become practical.

^ because there are equations which support this assumptions , its all mathematics , a very very complicated maths equations ,which u and i cant understand.......but if there are ppl who can and does understand i am sure.......wen they tell me that its a fact with supportive data ,equations,and some indirect/direct experiments........i assume them to be true.

Haha again an assumption! Anyway thanks for the reply.

i donno what to say wen u say if some one starts running his time slows and one siting his time doesn't slow..................look, law of relativity DOES SLOWS DOWN TIME TO MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR THAT THAT PERSON TO GO BEYOND THE SPEED OF LIGHT IF HE IS ALREADY AT 99.99% OF SPEEDS OF LIGHT.......he doesnt need to run on that speeeding train to make his time slow.....LAW OF RELATIVITY MAKES SURE THAT THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN BE DONE TO BREAK THAT LAW ...... WHETHER ONE PERSON STARTS SUNNING OR NOT DOESN'T MATTER(ITS JUST AN EXAMPLE THAT IF SUPPOSE A PERSON STARTS RUNNING, HE WILL BE BEYOND THE SPEED OF LIGHT , IT DOESNT MEAN THAT TO MAKE HIS TIME SLOW HE HAS TO RUN....) AND HENCE TIME FOR ALL PPL IN TRAIN BECOMES SLOW INCLUDING THEIR CLOCKS INSIDE JUST TO MAKE SURE THAT EVEN IF SOMEONE STARTS RUNNING HE SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO BREAK THE LAW.

Haha, ur explanation looks more like the MADE UP stories just to satisfy a LAW (which actually is assumption) that u cant travel faster than light.

Haha again an assumption! Anyway thanks for the reply.

did god in his scriptures have DESCRIBED what would be called a BREAKTHROUGH and what cannot be called that??????

how did u decide what a breakthrough is and what are its characteristics ????? and even can a single person decide what a breakthrough is??? or even a noble prize academy itself is capable of that????

ur question itself is such a debatable one because who decides a breakthrough"s characteristics can u pls tell me????

for me every single invention little or small is a breakthrough because it takes us forward in life........thats a breakthrough.:Boy Bow:

Haha, ur explanation looks more like the MADE UP stories just to satisfy a LAW (which actually is assumption) that u cant travel faster than light.

here it is in layman's term , i am copy pasting it from another forum hope you an understand it.

As per modern physics theories, the speed of light simply cannot be broken. This is the most accurate, stone-set answer I can give you. However, I can go into what would happen in theory.

Why can the speed of light not be broken, and what would happen if it was? I'll explain below. (Warning, science content!)

First of all, let's start at the basics. We have a flashlight. We turn it on, and a beam of light comes out. The beam of light is traveling at the speed of light, nearly 300,000,000 m/s.

Now, let's assume we're in a spaceship which is somehow traveling at 200,000,000 m/s. Someone outside the spaceship shines a beam of light past us. What do we observe the speed to be? This principle can be illustrated by cars. If you're going 30 mph and a car passes you going 35 mph, to you the car appears to be going forward at the speed of 5 mph.

As such, common sense would tell us that it would appear to be going at 100,000,000 m/s. But it doesn't. The beam passes you at 300,000,000 m/s nonetheless. How is this possible? Now we get into deeper physics: the fabric of spacetime is malleable. Time actually slows down the faster you go.

Having established that the spacetime fabric is "malleable" and time slows down the closer you approach the speed of light, where does this leave us? It leaves us at this: It is impossible for any object with mass to exceed the speed of light. No matter how fast you go, light will always pass you going at 300,000,000 m/s. You can go at 99.999999999999999999999999999999% of light, just a few millimeters per second less than light is going, but light still appears to pass you at 300,000,000 m/s because of how the universe works.

Now, let's go back to the spaceship. Let's say that the spaceship is going at 99.9999999999999999999999999999999% the speed of light. What if you were to run forward? Again, common sense reasoning in physics and what actually happens contradict each other greatly. We would assume that your speed would be added to the spaceship's speed, totaling faster than light. This, however, also is not the case. Because time inside the spaceship has slowed down so much, you can't go forward quickly enough to break the speed of light.

Let's assume for a second that your spaceship is a hypothetical one that defies physics and manages to go the speed of light. Then what would happen? At the speed of light, something very odd happens to time: It stops. Yes, it stops. If the spaceship were to reach the speed of light, it would not be able to accelerate anymore because time in relation to the spaceship would have been stopped. You also could not go forward, because time would be stopped within the spaceship.

Knowing this, let's take our hypothetical spaceship a bit further. Let's imagine that it *could* go faster than the speed of light. I would like to iterate that this is indeed impossible, but for pure hypothetical reasons, let's go on and take our thought experiment to this next step.

When you approach the speed of light, time for you slows down. But people who are not traveling at the speed of light are not affected, and if you were observing them, it would appear as if they were aging faster. For example, if time was going 1/10 of normal for you because of your speed, you would perceive events happening outside the spaceship at 10x the normal rate. Amazing, eh?

But what happens when you reach the speed of light? To your perception, time outside the spaceship goes on at the rate of infinity. Yes, infinity. So what happens when you break the speed of light? You would perceive time outside the spaceship at going *more* than infinity. This is another reason why faster-than-light travel is impossible, but it is very intriguing to think about if it was possible, what would happen in theory. So, what would happen? Obviously, it's impossible for us to comprehend time progressing at more than infinity. The answer could lie in higher dimensions, or it could simply that you would be around after the universe itself ended. Unfortunately, it's just as impossible to add anything to infinity as it is to divide by zero, so we may never know what would happen in theory.

But it's all fun to think about. I hope this answered your question, and it was really fun having this "conversation"! Cheers, and happy holidays. :

prove it to me that these are only assumptions and DOESN'T have any direct /indirect experiments/math equations/data behind it to support.....

exactly this is what i say is assumption in the theory. All theory have assumptions.

so now time inside train will slow down just for me or also for other passengers? it shudnt for them because they are not running faster than light.

what will be my speed for passengers inside train because they will see me running at my normal HUMAN speed. so do u mean now i will be in 2 time zones? for co-passengers i will be in normal timezone and for outsiders i will be in SLOW timezone? if u say yes, then this wud be just ur imagination.

and i ran liek say 10 seconds.. but since i cant travel faster than light ... so even after running 10 seconds.. i shud be at same position, right?

so what happened to all my actions or running?

u see its complicated. these complications can be eliminated if u DONT make assumption that we cant travel faster than light.

and u say universe will slow down my time?? like how?

your answers lies in episodes of discovery. They have been shown hundreds of time. In all probability one show of stephen hawking is being repeated now. They explain in clear and simple language which a layman can understand. This train experiment has also been shown in lot of shows.

Abt ques.
1.time wil slow just for u. And remember this faster than light term is relative not absolute.
2. There is no thing like two timezones. it is just that you have traversed lesser time in comparison to others.
3. Relative,relative,relative that's the word you are not getting. It all depends on your frame of reference. What you are doing is that you are comparing all thing with a static reference like you are standing in earth.

@ Toocool......Just like u people were telling show us proof now, i too am saying that way......i think now u feel the pinch that i felt at that time!! :DAnyways that apart, u gave an example of application......its getting applied automatically. From the ground, we man only adjusts the time ryt? So thats happening naturally.What i was questioning is that can u create something that travels at speed of light, so that u can travel to future?? Theoretically, yes. But practically??Why didnt u read my example? Just coz it exists on paper, or just coz it is discovered, u cant claim that it will happen!!

Back