Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,775
Status
Not open for further replies.
This place is way too quiet and I know I was going to wait but I'm asking it now. Any updates at all?

Dude you know you could have just wiki'ed it... sigh Fiber to the x - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Duh!

Yeah, but Wikipedia doesn't happen to mention whether or not *I* have heard of it, which was the crux of the original question :P

This place is way too quiet and I know I was going to wait but I'm asking it now. Any updates at all?

...what haven't you heard?

"BIRD IS WORD" havent you heard... OOps off topic... NO I meant the launch will be around about diwali.. thats why this place is so quiet....

Venue of the launch party, please..and can i bring my own pot? I am presuming that i would be invited...

Venue of the launch party, please..and can i bring my own pot? I am presuming that i would be invited...

That's up to my Mrs, but I'm fairly confident there won't be any pot allowed.

Ok..so now that we are looking at a possible Diwali launch...and I am here in Bangalore , equally in need of proper and more sane broadband pricing and "fair usage"..Can I ask when can we expect it to be here ? And is there a map for the city yet in terms of the coverage area ?

Ok..so now that we are looking at a possible Diwali launch...and I am here in Bangalore , equally in need of proper and more sane broadband pricing and "fair usage"..Can I ask when can we expect it to be here ? And is there a map for the city yet in terms of the coverage area ?

Bangalore will be one of the cities that comes after Diwali's launch, we expect within 3-6 months subject to infrastructure and such. No map yet, but we're anticipating very shortly to confirm a pilot in some complex the name of which I can't remember at the moment.

We're also negotiating for some infrastructure in Hyderabad (about 150km worth of Fibre - not nearly as much as Beam, but it's a start).

We're also hoping that our most recent negotiations will allow us to cover most of Mumbai (so not just those northern suburbs) on day 1, including the very south of Mumbai, perhaps even Sion, Kandivili and 7 Bungalows - when/if that comes through, I will confirm the same.

For Pune we're quite certain that Magarpatta city and a couple of nearby developments should get it also on day 1, with the rest of Pune following as we can either buy or build our own (there are parts of Pune which are a huge mess as well).

NCR is a mess, but that was kind of expected. I'm trying to rapidly develop the Noida and Gurgaon coverage plans because of the potential there.

Also, good news for anyone in Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Gujarat: we've nearly secured a deal that would make us ubiquitous in those states, so long as you live in a city, town or village that gets electricity - it might take some time to get all the way down to the smaller villages, but we'll be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back