Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,775
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're also hoping that our most recent negotiations will allow us to cover most of Mumbai (so not just those northern suburbs) on day 1, including the very south of Mumbai, perhaps even Sion, Kandivili and 7 Bungalows - when/if that comes through, I will confirm the same.

Also, good news for anyone in Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Gujarat: we've nearly secured a deal that would make us ubiquitous in those states, so long as you live in a city, town or village that gets electricity - it might take some time to get all the way down to the smaller villages, but we'll be there.

Aww I really hate you sometimes when u make teasing statements like that... Hayai available in sion? maybe even my HomeTown Dhule? would be fantastic if it is true :) ...

Aww I really hate you sometimes when u make teasing statements like that... Hayai available in sion? maybe even my HomeTown Dhule? would be fantastic if it is true :) ...

All I'm saying is that we're trying to find ways around the problems we've been facing in those areas.

As for the state-wide coverage then that's something that has come about which could be a huge boon to our business - not just the coverage but also the costs of building our own network is significantly less than the same for leasing infrastructure to all these places... basically our rupees go far further and it might even be such that our prices can come down even further - in particular, the infrastructure charge.

All I'm saying is that we're trying to find ways around the problems we've been facing in those areas.

As for the state-wide coverage then that's something that has come about which could be a huge boon to our business - not just the coverage but also the costs of building our own network is significantly less than the same for leasing infrastructure to all these places... basically our rupees go far further and it might even be such that our prices can come down even further - in particular, the infrastructure charge.

Ahh that is music to my ears. I was going to relegate myself to the Lite version because of the infrastructure charge.

Hi , I have been a visitor to Indian broadband forums including this but never registered. But I saw your thread just today and joined the website to ask a few questions. :) I am in Guwahati for the last few years and am pissed off with the BSNL broadband speed here especially the frequent problems/downtime and the upload speed. I am a website designer and so I often need to upload files once in a while. But BSNL limits the upload speed to only 512 kbps (though it is even lesser in actual) and I get around around 50-60 KB per second upload speed. I hardly upload but once in a while do need to do so like while transferring a website etc. But I get irritated with all these problems. I had done my college and stayed in Delhi for nearly 9-10 years and I am moving back to Delhi again. I am also in the lookout of a good ISP when I move back to Delhi. And your ISP would be an excellent option as I like good speeds though I am more of a user rather than a downloader. I dont use torrents etc. too and just download files once in a while. I do not even use my BSNL fair usage quota of 20 GB on most times but I feel that the quota is a bit too less for a regular internet user.I have checked all your threads and website and everything makes excellent business sense to me and hopefully you would be a lot better than BSNL, MTNL, Airtel or anybody else especially for high usage users. But I want to ask a few questions:1. When will you launch in Delhi? And which areas of Delhi will you cover?2. Will your network be like proper ADSL broadband or will it be sort of a cable network. I am asking this because I have used Sify Broadband in the past which is somewhat of a cable broadband sort of network. And one big problem I faced with Sify was that they had virus in the network and I was bombarded by virus in those days and had a terrible time. And there used to be problems like their connections going off during hot summer days or during cold season or if someone touched their line etc. So, will the connection be similar to Sify broadband as you have also mentioned about login and internal network like it used to be with Sify. If that is the case then will it be virus free or can the whole internal network be affected by virus as it happened with Sify.3. Will all your lines all over India be optical fibre networks or would it depend on the area etc.4. I read that you provide your own router. So, can I not use my own router. As you might know, wireless security is a big security issue here in India with misuse etc. and so I always keep my Wifi highly secured by configuring my Netgear router properly. It would be great if you allow your customers to use their own router too. 5. What is a SME connection and how is it different from a flat rate home connection.6. How good is the privacy in the network. I do many financial transactions through the internet being a webmaster. So, how good is the privacy and if your network is internal network sort of thing then is there a chance that the bank details or other password details etc. will be logged in your system or accessed by other users or your customer representatives etc.Overall your network and plans sound great and I would be very interested in your first flat rate plan and might shift to the area in Delhi/Greater Noida to avail your service when I move to Delhi. :P Please answer my questions above as that would probably important questions for webmasters, online traders or other users who need security and privacy for business needs. To be frank enough, even Guwahati, Assam might be a very good market as it is developing quite fast and BSNL has virtually no competition as there are no other big players here.

MGC is interested every where except Bengal and Kolkata.

Not true. There is a huge amount of demand there, but so far we have not been looking at in Kolkata/WB/etc yet because our main priority right now is to actually launch. There has been some suggestion of infrastructure even in places in Manipur but again, we're not looking seriously at it because we want to get first things done first, and then move on, otherwise the project becomes an unmanageable mess.

any plans to start a survey from people who are interested in subscribing to hayai so that you can get an idea about the potential user base that is actually waiting for you to launch in various cities even before you do any real advertising?

any plans to start a survey from people who are interested in subscribing to hayai so that you can get an idea about the potential user base that is actually waiting for you to launch in various cities even before you do any real advertising?
Oops till much more time, lol may be 1 moth before Diwali( or launch date) is more enough to do what have u said lol

well... using some funky google apis, this could actually generate some cool graphs. anyone here has any idea on how google fusion tables work? :D

I have checked all your threads and website and everything makes excellent business sense to me and hopefully you would be a lot better than BSNL, MTNL, Airtel or anybody else especially for high usage users. But I want to ask a few questions:

1. When will you launch in Delhi? And which areas of Delhi will you cover?

Yes, but Delhi proper is a mess. Even Gurgaon and Noida will happen before Delhi, but they're also messy, despite being "planned" cities... NCR is a huge challenge (possibly even more so than Mumbai, which is comparatively compact in it's geographical size, but also because NCR covers 3 telecom circles which creates administrative problems to a certain degree as well), so we're approaching that region with caution.

2. Will your network be like proper ADSL broadband or will it be sort of a cable network. I am asking this because I have used Sify Broadband in the past which is somewhat of a cable broadband sort of network. And one big problem I faced with Sify was that they had virus in the network and I was bombarded by virus in those days and had a terrible time. And there used to be problems like their connections going off during hot summer days or during cold season or if someone touched their line etc. So, will the connection be similar to Sify broadband as you have also mentioned about login and internal network like it used to be with Sify. If that is the case then will it be virus free or can the whole internal network be affected by virus as it happened with Sify.

We are building an FTTH network. You should not encounter virus problems on our network unless you download something from another user. We are not currently planning to use DSL at all because it is not cost-effective to build in to a new network.

3. Will all your lines all over India be optical fibre networks or would it depend on the area etc.

At this time we have no plans to use copper because, although marginally cheaper, is not so much cheaper that it's "worth" doing - as in, using copper might save just a few rupees per month, but the performance hit would be significant.

4. I read that you provide your own router. So, can I not use my own router. As you might know, wireless security is a big security issue here in India with misuse etc. and so I always keep my Wifi highly secured by configuring my Netgear router properly. It would be great if you allow your customers to use their own router too.

There's nothing stopping you from plugging your own WiFi router in to our CPE, but our WiFi-enabled CPEs come standard with WPA2 and we're trying to get hotspot functionality built in (meaning anyone connecting to WiFi would use his own account credentials and have his own VLAN - meaning if someone connected to your WiFi AP, they would have to use their own account, therefore not contributing to your data usage)... of course, if we can't get that built in to the CPEs, then we will be putting WiFi hotspots around for that purpose anyway as part of a separate service.

5. What is a SME connection and how is it different from a flat rate home connection.

SME is intended for small businesses with 1-10 seats. We will not provide a residential connection to a business premises, nor will we bill a residential connection to a business.

6. How good is the privacy in the network. I do many financial transactions through the internet being a webmaster. So, how good is the privacy and if your network is internal network sort of thing then is there a chance that the bank details or other password details etc. will be logged in your system or accessed by other users or your customer representatives etc.

The same or better. Between your CPE and the OLT, traffic is encrypted by default with AES, but if you're doing financial transactions then this would be up to the website to use 128-bit or bettwe SSL encryption anyway and would be the same as any other internet connection. If your information gets stolen, it's more likely that you have malware including a keylogger installed or a man-in-the-middle attack is being performed on that site than anyone "listening in" to your traffic specifically. Excepting the government, of course.

Overall your network and plans sound great and I would be very interested in your first flat rate plan and might shift to the area in Delhi/Greater Noida to avail your service when I move to Delhi. :P Please answer my questions above as that would probably important questions for webmasters, online traders or other users who need security and privacy for business needs.

For SMEs our day flat-rate might suit, since they're designed to be used during business hours... kind of the opposite of the residential night flat-rate option.

To be frank enough, even Guwahati, Assam might be a very good market as it is developing quite fast and BSNL has virtually no competition as there are no other big players here.

It's these areas that interest us quite a lot, but in many cases the challenge is getting (buying or building) good infrastructure there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back