Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,773
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, it means you are treated as new company. That is why, government does not take any interest. Government authorities are really *******s(pardon me) but they are. I believe that government does not do development whereas they resist development. They make opponent fed up with shit. I experienced with BSNL. BSNL employees act with customers like prostitutes. It seems that they do not need customers. No body is willing to take care of it.

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

BSNL employees are just there to take their huge salaries only. No work.

I think you misread me. It's the private companies who are currently bidding to get government contracts who are making us wait and see - those who are not winning government bids are otherwise happy to work with us - so it's now just up to me to show them a fat enough cheque.

Otherwise, we are having nothing to do with the government's network itself. Originally it was a good idea, but like any idea that goes through government, it's been chewed up and spit out as a shadow of it's former self. The original spec was supposed to be 100 down, 50 up. It's now 30 down, 10 up (in other words, almost no improvement on current speeds). In rural areas, it was going to be 5 down, 1 up on fibre - it's now the same but on 3G.

Of course, even on the existing networks in urban areas you can't get 5mbit/s on 3G (the networks are 14.4mbit/s), and to really kick us in the teeth, the government cable company (Kordia) LOST THE BID to build out a 4G network which actually had a hope in hell of working - the bid which has now gone to Telecom NZ - which were previously EXCLUDED from bidding because the whole point of this new network was to remove the monopoly on last mile.

So, our government hasn't learned from it's mistakes from 20 years ago. Yes, this may sound like an Indian government saga, but I am actually talking about the NZ government here :D

I think you misread me. It's the private companies who are currently bidding to get government contracts who are making us wait and see - those who are not winning government bids are otherwise happy to work with us - so it's now just up to me to show them a fat enough cheque.

Otherwise, we are having nothing to do with the government's network itself. Originally it was a good idea, but like any idea that goes through government, it's been chewed up and spit out as a shadow of it's former self. The original spec was supposed to be 100 down, 50 up. It's now 30 down, 10 up (in other words, almost no improvement on current speeds). In rural areas, it was going to be 5 down, 1 up on fibre - it's now the same but on 3G.

Of course, even on the existing networks in urban areas you can't get 5mbit/s on 3G (the networks are 14.4mbit/s), and to really kick us in the teeth, the government cable company (Kordia) LOST THE BID to build out a 4G network which actually had a hope in hell of working - the bid which has now gone to Telecom NZ - which were previously EXCLUDED from bidding because the whole point of this new network was to remove the monopoly on last mile.

So, our government hasn't learned from it's mistakes from 20 years ago. Yes, this may sound like an Indian government saga, but I am actually talking about the NZ government here :D
It seems little bit funny about kordia. What happened to it at the time of biding? It is really a big loss because every body in wherever country is willing to use new technology and if company is unable to provide, definitely customers will portable their cell phone numbers to other operators.
I was thinking that only indian government are lazy but every where it is same.

Sorry. I think I was in rush. That is why I misunderstood.

It seems little bit funny about kordia. What happened to it at the time of biding? It is really a big loss because every body in wherever country is willing to use new technology and if company is unable to provide, definitely customers will portable their cell phone numbers to other operators.
I was thinking that only indian government are lazy but every where it is same.

Yeah, it's kind of a loss - Kordia doesn't have any retail operations, whereas Telecom NZ and Vodafone do, and as far as I can ascertain, the deals they already have for providing MVNOs won't have to change, which means the pricing will remain high, and in addition to all this, so will the calling rates (some providers still charge anything up to NZ$0.90/INR27 per minute for cellphone calls).

so where is Hayai in terms of launch right now, like if I have to put you on in a Gantt ??

so where is Hayai in terms of launch right now, like if I have to put you on in a Gantt ??

Without all the variables, I doubt you could put it on a Gantt Chart. Furthermore, neither can I, because no timeline can be predicted until we get a "yay" or "nay" from those government **********'s at that Ministry of Home Affairs. Only after this will I have even the slightest clue of a when.

Personally, I'd like to be launching in July or early August. But, for the umpteenth time we simply do not know yet.

mg said on twitter that "All the company stuff is officially 100% sorted!" ..and that he's hoping for a launch around Diwali but i found no post here?? its strange to find that there was no mention here given that this forum is following hayai for 2 yrs!!anyways hoping for the best...may the launch be sooner than diwali :)

mg said on twitter that "All the company stuff is officially 100% sorted!" ..and that he's hoping for a launch around Diwali but i found no post here?? its strange to find that there was no mention here given that this forum is following hayai for 2 yrs!!
anyways hoping for the best...

It's been on other threads.

may the launch be sooner than diwali :)

Not likely.

looks like the launch is confirmed this time instead of the "maybe" thing.

There's a lot of work still to be done in the next few months to make it happen. As far as I'm concerned, everything is a maybe until the day I can flick the switch, but this is our target time frame, and I've been informed that it is indeed realistic, so long as I do not take my eyes off the prize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back