Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,769
Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't get it. whats in a freaking logo?

logo can and probably would be changed at a later stage.

there are bigger things to worry about. like the actual service launch :(

True that. I am sure mgc won't mind spending some quids after he starts earning billions. :D

The concept of the logo isn't bad. That Y is what makes that logo. Its just looks, i dunno amateurish. Seriously, except for that Y those neon type lighting takes only 3 minutes tops to create. All he did was experiment with layer effects in Photoshop.

That designer needs to learn more. :)

He does work for an agency in Lower Parel and he is apparently good because he does the advertising for... BPL and I think Jet Airways.

Guess this kind of proves my point that most of the IT and Media schools are about equivalent to a degree mill.

Maybe my demands on quality are slightly greater than some large corporations.

He does work for an agency in Lower Parel and he is apparently good because he does the advertising for... BPL and I think Jet Airways.

Guess this kind of proves my point that most of the IT and Media schools are about equivalent to a degree mill.

A sparkling logo or not make sure that website design is tip-top. It will have a huge influence on customers. But I guess already know that better than anyone else.

True that. I am sure mgc won't mind spending some quids after he starts earning billions. :D

I wouldn't mind spending quids now, but I'm actually kind of happy with it... like I said, versatility is there. I'm already finding some creative ways to use the neon version on the night-time version of the site.

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

A sparkling logo or not make sure that website design is tip-top. It will have a huge influence on customers. But I guess already know that better than anyone else.

Fortunately, he isn't designing the website.

But I did do a lot of the research, taking elements from existing websites that we want to use on ours. I gave the guy about 45 screenshots of ISP websites from all over the world for... inspiration.

I wouldn't mind spending quids now, but I'm actually kind of happy with it... like I said, versatility is there. I'm already finding some creative ways to use the neon version on the night-time version of the site.

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

Fortunately, he isn't designing the website.

But I did do a lot of the research, taking elements from existing websites that we want to use on ours. I gave the guy about 45 screenshots of ISP websites from all over the world for... inspiration.

Its REALLY mandatory for you to update ur website ... i was talking to my uncle (who is apparently a tech guy) about your ISP and ur 1Gb/s network and once i was done explaining, the first question he asked was "Gimme the website link". Boom, i was baffled, i managed the situation and told him that ur still new n all and provided the tariff link.

People will believe ONLY if ur website is update. They might think that its a scam.

Just my view, for the betterment, please dont take it as a complaint or w/e.

Thanks!

Its REALLY mandatory for you to update ur website ...

I'm not designing the website either, but I do have shell access because I'm not completely clueless.

i was talking to my uncle (who is apparently a tech guy) about your ISP and ur 1Gb/s network and once i was done explaining, the first question he asked was "Gimme the website link". Boom, i was baffled, i managed the situation and told him that ur still new n all and provided the tariff link.

The maintanence page has the tariff link.

People will believe ONLY if ur website is update. They might think that its a scam.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: no point having the website online until the CPEs hav arrived in our office and we can actually start activating connections.

Until that time, I'm just trying to make sure it's designed in such a way that it's easy for users to do 2 things: find what they need (help or technical info) and subscribe to/pay for/top up the service.

And it should also be relatively pretty, hence why I was gathering the aforementioned screenshots. Tata and Reliance aren't doing too badly, but most ISP websites in India are... sad... and in Tata's case, horribly convoluted.

I think you have yet to get to meet the right Photoshop/Graphic Designers out there in Mumbai. I am always amazed to see stuff on websites as they incorporate the latest tech out with crazy looks and aesthetics. There are small and mid size companies out there(not only Mumbai but all over India)that could do your logo way more beautifully than you can possibly imagine. I dont think any of the ISPs have good looking websites and I find them hard to navigate as well. So, how about doing some homework for finding the right people/company for your designing jobs. A good graphic designer would do your logos, websites etc. all nicely. These guys do it for top US websites as well, so they can definitely do it for you.

I think you have yet to get to meet the right Photoshop/Graphic Designers out there in Mumbai.

Abundantly clear.

I am always amazed to see stuff on websites as they incorporate the latest tech out with crazy looks and aesthetics. There are small and mid size companies out there(not only Mumbai but all over India)that could do your logo way more beautifully than you can possibly imagine.

Probably. We did hold a competition before we hired the pro.

I dont think any of the ISPs have good looking websites and I find them hard to navigate as well. So, how about doing some homework for finding the right people/company for your designing jobs. A good graphic designer would do your logos, websites etc. all nicely. These guys do it for top US websites as well, so they can definitely do it for you.

The thing one must understand is that India is not the USA. What works in the USA may not work in India. Marketing in India is very different to marketing in the USA, Japan, China, Northern Europe, Southern Europe...

For example:

[*]TelecomItalia advertises ADSL services using photos of women draped over sofas. Internet
[*]Finnish and Swedish ISPs use blonde men, women and children "working" with pictures of the equipment, in shiny, clean homes (as Finnish and Swedish homes often are). Yksityiset — Elisa.fi Maxinetti - Tulevaisuus näkyy jo -
[*]Free.fr and BT uses photos of the equipment.
[*]Internode uses a photo of some kind of park, with a roadsign and combi-van. Internode
[*]Dutch ISPs seem to use a lot of photos of smiling women. Goedkoop internet, voordelig bellen en digitale tv van Online Internet van UPC: Supersnel internetten tot 120Mb - UPC http://www.ziggo.nl
[*]TTNet (Turkey) uses Sports, oddly enough.
[/list]
Most of them are using fairly bright and distinctive colours - the "rainbow" at the top of our logo gives us several tones to choose from.

Most of them have big pictures including clear pricing (except the USA, which seems to parallel India in that pricing information is buried quite deep: this is bad).

Most of them give 3-4 basic options.

Tata Indicom and Reliance Communications websites are fairly nice and simple and clean, but unfortunately for Tata, when you get past the front page, getting specific information WRT Broadband could be easier...

Instead of being direct, you get this: :::::New day on the web ::::: - how am I supposed to know what I want? Then when I click Tata Indicom Broadband 2.0, I get Tata Indicom Broadband 2.0, so I click Tariffs, which gives me Tata Indicom Broadband 2.0
so I choose Mumbai and am presented with 6 options, so I click the first one, and it gives me the tariffs.

I see New Infinity 750 * 750 Kbps 256 Kbps 4 Months Rs 1,500

but those aren't what I want, so I click back in my browser (yes, I appreciate they have a small "back" link, but that's not really sufficient.) and I have to again select my circle by selecting "select city", then "Mumbai" again, then I click the second option...

Then I see, ahh, they have New Infinity 750 PLUS 750 Kbps 256 Kbps 4 Months Rs 1,650... Uh... Wtf? Why is the second one Rs150 more expensive?? And why is it new?

So I check the Lightning plans.

Lightning 100 Mbps 100 Mbps 5 Mbps 1 Months 0.6 Rs 3,500, with FUP of 10GB. Hmm, ok.

Lightning PLUS 10 Mbps 10 Mbps 1 Mbps 2 Months Rs 3,500, with FUP of 50GB. Uh... what? Yes I appreciate the 90Mbit/s speed difference but, 40GB difference for the same price, when delivered using the exact same technology with the exact same contention ratio?

Someone is having a laugh. If I was doing this on 256-512k, I'd have given up ages ago.

I think you have yet to get to meet the right Photoshop/Graphic Designers out there in Mumbai.

Abundantly clear.

I am always amazed to see stuff on websites as they incorporate the latest tech out with crazy looks and aesthetics. There are small and mid size companies out there(not only Mumbai but all over India)that could do your logo way more beautifully than you can possibly imagine.

Probably. We did hold a competition before we hired the pro.

I dont think any of the ISPs have good looking websites and I find them hard to navigate as well. So, how about doing some homework for finding the right people/company for your designing jobs. A good graphic designer would do your logos, websites etc. all nicely. These guys do it for top US websites as well, so they can definitely do it for you.

The thing one must understand is that India is not the USA. What works in the USA may not work in India. Marketing in India is very different to marketing in the USA, Japan, China, Northern Europe, Southern Europe...

For example:

[*]TelecomItalia advertises ADSL services using photos of women draped over sofas. Internet
[*]Finnish and Swedish ISPs use blonde men, women and children "working" with pictures of the equipment, in shiny, clean homes (as Finnish and Swedish homes often are). Yksityiset — Elisa.fi Maxinetti - Tulevaisuus näkyy jo -
[*]Free.fr and BT uses photos of the equipment.
[*]Internode uses a photo of some kind of park, with a roadsign and combi-van. Internode
[*]Dutch ISPs seem to use a lot of photos of smiling women. Goedkoop internet, voordelig bellen en digitale tv van Online Internet van UPC: Supersnel internetten tot 120Mb - UPC http://www.ziggo.nl
[*]TTNet (Turkey) uses Sports, oddly enough.
[/list]
Most of them are using fairly bright and distinctive colours - the "rainbow" at the top of our logo gives us several tones to choose from.

Most of them have big pictures including clear pricing (except the USA, which seems to parallel India in that pricing information is buried quite deep: this is bad).

Most of them give 3-4 basic options.

Tata Indicom and Reliance Communications websites are fairly nice and simple and clean, but unfortunately for Tata, when you get past the front page, getting specific information WRT Broadband could be easier...

Instead of being direct, you get this: :::::New day on the web ::::: - how am I supposed to know what I want? Then when I click Tata Indicom Broadband 2.0, I get Tata Indicom Broadband 2.0, so I click Tariffs, which gives me Tata Indicom Broadband 2.0
so I choose Mumbai and am presented with 6 options, so I click the first one, and it gives me the tariffs.

I see New Infinity 750 * 750 Kbps 256 Kbps 4 Months Rs 1,500

but those aren't what I want, so I click back in my browser (yes, I appreciate they have a small "back" link, but that's not really sufficient.) and I have to again select my circle by selecting "select city", then "Mumbai" again, then I click the second option...

Then I see, ahh, they have New Infinity 750 PLUS 750 Kbps 256 Kbps 4 Months Rs 1,650... Uh... Wtf? Why is the second one Rs150 more expensive?? And why is it new?

So I check the Lightning plans.

Lightning 100 Mbps 100 Mbps 5 Mbps 1 Months 0.6 Rs 3,500, with FUP of 10GB. Hmm, ok.

Lightning PLUS 10 Mbps 10 Mbps 1 Mbps 2 Months Rs 3,500, with FUP of 50GB. Uh... what? Yes I appreciate the 90Mbit/s speed difference but, 40GB difference for the same price, when delivered using the exact same technology with the exact same contention ratio?

Someone is having a laugh. If I was doing this on 256-512k, I'd have given up ages ago.

try reaching airtel digital tv interactive (they could have simply named it airtel iptv but no sir...)... from airtel homepage. takes me a couple of clicks and that too because i know how to reach there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back