Hayai Broadband - Subscriber Terms & Conditions

• Thread starter Thread starter mgcarley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 155
  • Views Views 31,133
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly... Long story short, the thinking is more along the lines of it being a transitional product while we buy out & rearrange/rebuild/rewire their networks/replace equipment.

Why would we do this? In short, buying a network allows us immediate coverage and the ability to generate revenue from those areas from day-1. On the other hand, building out an area in full could take months.

So by buying out a network, not only do we have immediate coverage of the area, we can then over a period of several months tidy it up and replace components as manpower allows us to, and also, maintenance becomes our responsibility. As such, we can determine where the trouble-spots are and fix them sooner, thereby improving coverage for that set of customers.

On the other hand, while using a cablewala would *technically* be an option to anyone almost anywhere (in Mumbai, at least, maybe other cities too), we would only be able to deliver 100mbit/s service on most of those networks, and we could not guarantee any quality of service. If it goes down, it goes down and it has nothing to do with us.

The problem from our side is that *we* would almost certainly be the ones who end up getting the blame for the outage, moreover, it would probably lead in some cases to that whole "blame-game" that tends to go on - they say we're down, we say they're down and still nobody is willing to fix anything. Some people may be prepared to deal with that, but they shouldn't have to, and we pretty much wouldn't want them to.

as i could not infer much from the paragraph... i guess you wanted to say that it is almost certain that we will 'not go' through cablewallah route.
But at the same time you will be buying some networks..-so which networks, the crappy network which the cablewallah made(which includes the last mile as well as backbone fiber).

Does that mean that you'll be able to deploy Hayai in other cities than Mumbai faster on basis of providing high speed broadband (upto 100 mbps) on existing copper infrastructure?

Maybe, yes.

I asked a simple question in this one as YOu talkjed about the registration form is it available yet ? As you have mentioned it so elaborately I think its somewhere out there, Can we fill it as of NOW! There.

It's not out there, so no, you can't fill it out. This thread is for the purpose of feedback. If you have feedback on the subscriber form and/or T&C, please write them.

When the form does become available for filling out, it will be made known to everybody on every possible medium.

as i could not infer much from the paragraph... i guess you wanted to say that it is almost certain that we will 'not go' through cablewallah route.
But at the same time you will be buying some networks..-so which networks, the crappy network which the cablewallah made(which includes the last mile as well as backbone fiber).

1. We will NOT go through the cablewala route unless we absolutely can not avoid it in one of "those" areas.

2. Yes, we will be buying networks. Customers already attached to those networks can stay with their existing services or migrate to our services according to the plans that we offer at the transitional level.

3. Networks of varying quality are being purchased, and as such, there will be a transition phase from the purchase of that network until it is rebuilt, which is something we would be starting pretty much on day-1 once the purchase is completed. Most of those would need to be converted and/or extended from an FTTB topology to full-fledged FTTH.

4. In some buildings, there is the possibly of both fiber and copper being made available - it would not happen everywhere, but in buildings that it were possible, this would mean services would be available as FTTH (with the existing Rs550 infrastructure fee etc) as well as an FTTB model (though improved over what's available now - more on that later). This would probably attract a lower infrastructure fee but everything else would be basically the same. At a guess, what would result therefore would be a Rs200-300 difference in price for 100mbit/s service on copper vs 1000mbit/s service on fiber. Which buildings would this be done in? Well, depends entirely on the quality of what's already there: if the copper is in such a shape that we have to rip it all out and start again, then no copper service would be offered. But if it's relatively tidy, decent enough equipment, and supports 100mbit/s pretty nicely, then we might as well leave it there to live out it's life - then we can give Fiber to those who want fiber, or copper to those who are happy with copper.

2. Yes, we will be buying networks. Customers already attached to those networks can stay with their existing services or migrate to our services according to the plans that we offer at the transitional level.

Hyderabad? Please Let us know!!

Hyderabad? Please Let us know!!

Anywhere.

@MG: You can buy hathway in bangalore, they have decent coverage and airtel, bsnl cant be bought, so hathway is the best option

@MG: You can buy hathway in bangalore, they have decent coverage and airtel, bsnl cant be bought, so hathway is the best option
What if mg really buys hathway I will never opt for that service :Wait:

If I were to buy Hathway, I would have to buy ALL of Hathway (pan-India) or a stake in the company, which, unless I was able to procure a majority so that I could improve the service, would be a waste of time, money and effort. Moreover, I've not heard any whispers of Hathway being for sale.

But Bangalore isn't really a problem in any case, compared to Mumbai, constructing our own network is a bargain.

If I were to buy Hathway, I would have to buy ALL of Hathway (pan-India) or a stake in the company, which, unless I was able to procure a majority so that I could improve the service, would be a waste of time, money and effort. Moreover, I've not heard any whispers of Hathway being for sale.

But Bangalore isn't really a problem in any case, compared to Mumbai, constructing our own network is a bargain.
Then why not start laying cables in bangalore(infrastructure). Lol and now BBMP here is checking all OFC here and removing all unauthorized 1nce.
Lol BB here is a big shit. Told my operator to take is connection off yesterday as 4th is my billing data(waiting for him today to come n take his connection off). So I have to suffer without broadband till hayai comes here r get an MTNL sim :(

Then why not start laying cables in bangalore(infrastructure). Lol and now BBMP here is checking all OFC here and removing all unauthorized 1nce.
Lol BB here is a big shit. Told my operator to take is connection off yesterday as 4th is my billing data(waiting for him today to come n take his connection off). So I have to suffer without broadband till hayai comes here r get an MTNL sim :(

Because we're not ready for Bangalore yet. Let us launch first and then we will be looking at where we go next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back