How good is video and audio quality in Sun Direct DTH?

• Thread starter Thread starter mnreddy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 15,171
Well yes, I dont know of other DTHs, but the pic quality of Dish TV is the worst compared to all other DTHs..!

Well video and Audio Quality is almost same on every DTH hardly any difference.

----------

MPEG 4 technology doesn't play any role is Better picure and audio quality. Its just a compression technique and which is useful for broadcaster to put on more number of channels on their platform.
i agrre partly..MP4 technology indeed plays role in better quality in compression:thumb:

----------

SD probably has the best audio/video quality..
ive samsung stb combined with LG lcd tv & it rocks..:dance::dance::dance:

i have Tata Sky, i have Sony 32 inch lcd......quality is not satisfactory.......pixelated and artifects are visible.......wondering if i should switch over to which dth provider??

No he is right. Big TV is not good with LCD TVS more than 32"

i have Tata Sky, i have Sony 32 inch lcd......quality is not satisfactory.......pixelated and artifects are visible.......wondering if i should switch over to which dth provider??

SD, Bigtv and Airtel. SD looks better I guess.

when you compare all the DTH, AIRTEL and SUN has better picture quality then Tata Sky DTH, BIG and DISH. DISH tv is the worst.

You are wrong.TataSky has better quality than atleast Airtel DTH and Dish Tv.
I have used them.Can say it authentically.

reviews on mouthshut about SunDirect is very bad......should i still consider it??
also does it have component out???(i heard comp out is only for HD channels in Sundirect).....
Big tv logo is a problem....its not even transparent

SD, Bigtv and Airtel. SD looks better I guess.

Have used local cable and DishTV for last 3 yrs with LG 32" LCD in Kolkata. Dishtv picture clarity is not good compared to local cable. More like watching divx movies in full screen (not like DVD quality as advertised). Although some channels have better video quality (less compression) than other channels.DishTV signal in my new 42" LG LCD looks even bad. Tomorrow I will have SunDTH with SamsungSTB. Changing DTH provider due to hazy picture clarity. Will post information about the video clarity in couple of days.

thx a lot...it would be great if you can post info about its video clarity and inform me if it has component out...as even iam planning to buy Sundth.....for my 32inch Sony

Have used local cable and DishTV for last 3 yrs with LG 32" LCD in Kolkata. Dishtv picture clarity is not good compared to local cable. More like watching divx movies in full screen (not like DVD quality as advertised). Although some channels have better video quality (less compression) than other channels.

DishTV signal in my new 42" LG LCD looks even bad. Tomorrow I will have SunDTH with SamsungSTB. Changing DTH provider due to hazy picture clarity. Will post information about the video clarity in couple of days.

my new samsung stb has component output.
:thumb:

----------

Have used local cable and DishTV for last 3 yrs with LG 32" LCD in Kolkata. Dishtv picture clarity is not good compared to local cable. More like watching divx movies in full screen (not like DVD quality as advertised). Although some channels have better video quality (less compression) than other channels.

DishTV signal in my new 42" LG LCD looks even bad. Tomorrow I will have SunDTH with SamsungSTB. Changing DTH provider due to hazy picture clarity. Will post information about the video clarity in couple of days.

it is well known tht dish tv &Tata Sky has crappy pic quality.
In SD ull feel the difference:thumb:

Back