How to check BSNL Broadband Account Usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter tkktbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,332
  • Views Views 2,738,051
Hi, I have two queries.1. BSNL has come up with new website (bbservice.bsnl.in) to check account usage. However, I am getting invalid username/password error although the same username and password is working to verify DSL login credential. Earlier BSNL requre you to be using usage only when you are on their network. Is it still same? I am trying to login from non-BSNL network.2. Since the time I signed up for internet on my telephone line, I stopped getting detailed bill. Now it comes with item "Gross amount" listing amount I need to pay although I never know if it's from internet, phone calls. Is there any way to get my detailed bill as I use to get before signing up for internet?Thanks in advance!

If yours is a new broadband connecton, (your ip address should be in the 117.xxx.xxx.xxx range) then you can check your broadband usage only through bbservice.bsnl.in
[old users cannot use this new data checking portal. I dont know how old uses check, so i cannot suggest the website. but it is linked through Dataone WebMail ---> checking usage. ]
username/password error although the same username and password is working to verify DSL login credential
Now, the username+password for connecting to the broadband and checking its usage are different.
You should check your broadband usage with your BSNL portal ID and password. If you dont have the BSNL portal ID(14 characters), then you should contact the customer care or your nearest exchange to get your portal ID. The password is"password", you can change it aftrewards.

I dont know the billing procedures of BSNL in your area. So cannot tell anything about it. But once you get your Portal ID and password, i suggest you to use the DataOne Quick Usage Finder . It will calculate the amount billed for your broadband connection. You subtract this from your telephone bill, you will know what is your telephone usage.

here in MTNL we use the same password and username to check our account usage .Looks like BSNL is more secure .

@wecaz
[I had not used shaplus bandwidth meter ]
check in the preferences of the application. There might be a checklist for selecting the network to calculate the bandwidth usage, In that list, by default it might have both your LAN and dialup&VPN connection networks selected. Since BSNL comes under both, your data is calculated twice, once under LAN and again under Dialup&VPN type.

Deselect one of them(or select only one of the both), then it might show you the correct usge.

Hi Bhargawa,
Thanks for the reply. I am confirming this option with the author of the software.

@wecaz
[I had not used shaplus bandwidth meter ]
check in the preferences of the application. There might be a checklist for selecting the network to calculate the bandwidth usage, In that list, by default it might have both your LAN and dialup&VPN connection networks selected. Since BSNL comes under both, your data is calculated twice, once under LAN and again under Dialup&VPN type.

Deselect one of them(or select only one of the both), then it might show you the correct usge.

How can we say that applications like "DataOne Quick Usage Finder" is secure?Can't they be able to steal our Login & Password?Is they are BSNL certified?

/members/gopu/
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in.
By "stealing " your BSNL14digit portal IDlogin/password can any program get access to your Swiss Bank secret Acct ?
"Don't look the gift horse in the mouth "
Use any program/application at your own risk. Read EULA or go the
Home page of the program for details.
You want Windows XP and other applications to be certified by BSNL ?

@members/stuge/
here in MTNL we use the same password and username to check our account usage .Looks like BSNL is more secure
In BSNL By accessing the usage web site of others, , only mischief is to change the Login password. Even this won't work if old password is already recorded in Modem. for IP 59.xx.xx.xx. Risk for "Dialup" users"
For new BSNLBB users with Ip 117.xx.xx.xx LOG in ID/PW not known. so no problem.
Some claim they can connect to Internet with others ID password in some towns.
To even test the usage program/s great difficulty was experienced by the programmers, and
and@sunish and @infernalproteus helped each other with the one or two ID/PW they got.
@mrdgupta sent his ID/PW to me on my request, for use in DataFox, which I forwarded to the programmer.
Now users talk about stealing etc.

This tool has 3 options:First selected option is: Fast ethernet adapter - Packet schedulerSecond selected option is: WAN (PPP/SLIP) InterfaceThird not selected option is: MS TCP Loopback InterfaceWhat do you think Bhargawa? Is my usage counted twice?

For the past couple of days, I can't open the BSNL broadband usage detail portal, bbservice.bsnl.in . Anyone else facing the same problem?

Back