How to check BSNL Broadband Account Usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter tkktbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,332
  • Views Views 2,738,036
@member/muraleedharan-p-p-/
Welcome to broadbandforum.co.
Assuming you are a new bsnl BB user your Ip will be Ip 117.xx.xx.xx
Did you get a 14 digit portal Id and password ? ( from the exchange ?)
example :example: xxxyyy01022008
BSNL Portal check your usage at this BSNL portal

I am using shaplus bandwidth meter.Whenever I start internet connection even before I have started browser the usage mounts above 1MB. I have disabled all downloads. All auto updates like windows etc are disabled.Even if I have opened a browser firefox or opera and not watching any site still the usage steadily increases both in Shaplus and in network connection.Interestingly the network connection (2 computer images in taskbar) shows continuous delivery of data packets, both up and downloading i.e sent and received. The data speed is around 2 KB/sec.I can not understand what is happening.Even now when I am writing this there should not have been any data flow still it is showing data sent around 2 KB/sec.So even without using anything I am sufferring a loss.I have Avast on windows XPPlease help.

either your Antivirus is updating it's signatures or some Virus/trojan has Crept into your PC..Run a full system scan.Download and install any good firewall and configure accordingly.

@motorazr
The latter seems more likely....
@seychellesblue
update AV and scan again.. download wireshark or anything similar.. and note down the ip to where the downloading or upoading is taking place .. and post it here..

if you are on a limited data transfer plan try using bridge mode connection until you figure out the real problem.

BSNL comes up with special offers for festive season

BSNL Bangalore Telecom District on Monday announced special offers in view of Deepavalai and Rajyotsava Festival,including doubling of broadband limit free of charge for existing customers for the month of November.

Customers who have minimum of six months subcription as on November 1 2008 would be offered double usage of free download that is twice what is normally available in the plan. The scheme would be applicable for all broadband plans andis valid for November, Shubhendu Ghosh, Principal General Manager told media.

Economic Times TOI

FriendsI'm not able to see Nov 08 usage details till yet :wall:Are you also having same problem ?Thanx

Yes. Many users are having the same issue. I talked to some people at local BSNL exchange, they think it might be related to that new "Click to continue" virus/feature that unknown forces have implemented for BSNL for unknown reasons.

Use software like Tautology Bandwidth Meter till issue is resolved.

हम और आप कर भी क्या सकते हैं. :(

BSNL Usage site is not showing usage data after 1st Nov 2008. There is nothing after 1st Nov. Is this problem with everyone?

Back