How to check BSNL Broadband Account Usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter tkktbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,332
  • Views Views 2,737,959
MAC will save electricity? BSNL are not updating during month ends when we need to use the usage limit fully :wall:

MAC will save electricity? BSNL are not updating during month ends when we need to use the usage limit fully :wall:

Of course it will. Won't I save electricity if i use a laptop instead of a desktop for downloading at night??? My desktop is a powerhog with 4 hard drives and a power hungry graphics card. Thats the main reason I'm thinking of using my Macbook for downloading purposes.

They only update the download status once in 10 days (I'm noticing that since a month).

Of course it will. Won't I save electricity if i use a laptop instead of a desktop for downloading at night??? My desktop is a powerhog with 4 hard drives and a power hungry graphics card. Thats the main reason I'm thinking of using my Macbook for downloading purposes.

They only update the download status once in 10 days (I'm noticing that since a month).

nsm, just curious... which browser do you use to access the site?

Even though IE6 is recommended, FF 3.6.3 is okay for downloading the .xml file.

Have you tried IE8?

Can one have both IE 6 and IE8 on the same PC or does installing IE8 wipe out IE6?

nsm, just curious... which browser do you use to access the site?

Even though IE6 is recommended, FF 3.6.3 is okay for downloading the .xml file.

Have you tried IE8?

Can one have both IE 6 and IE8 on the same PC or does installing IE8 wipe out IE6?

I mostly use Mozilla Firefox (the latest version 3.6.3) in both Windows and Mac. Sometimes i use a browser called Comodo Dragon (which is based on Google Chrome, with some increased security). I never use Internet Explorer. Can't even remember when was the last time i used IE.

The BSNL portal works properly with Firefox. I've never faced any issues.

You cannot have IE6 and IE8 on the same machine. If u install IE8, it will upgrade your existing version of IE (6 or 7 as the case may be).

I strongly recommend not to use the older versions of IE as it has a lot of security issues, most of it are fixed in IE8. Start using Mozilla Firefox, you'll love it. We can install some useful addons too which will make the browser more useful. Its a lot more secure that IE too.

I mostly use Mozilla Firefox (the latest version 3.6.3) in both Windows and Mac. Sometimes i use a browser called Comodo Dragon (which is based on Google Chrome, with some increased security). I never use Internet Explorer. Can't even remember when was the last time i used IE.

The BSNL portal works properly with Firefox. I've never faced any issues.

You cannot have IE6 and IE8 on the same machine. If u install IE8, it will upgrade your existing version of IE (6 or 7 as the case may be).

I strongly recommend not to use the older versions of IE as it has a lot of security issues, most of it are fixed in IE8. Start using Mozilla Firefox, you'll love it. We can install some useful addons too which will make the browser more useful. Its a lot more secure that IE too.

1. Try to view your current bill as html. It won't work with FF on a PC. It works with IE6.
2. Please do try IE8 if it's not too much trouble. I have the impression that the selfcare site will not function with IE8. Don't know about IE7. I want to get this confirmed!
3. I've been using FF since ages with IE6 carefully preserved for "special occasions". In any case, I run all my browsers sandboxed (Sandboxie) as far as possible and behind the PCTools Firewall.
4. The only two FF add-ons I use are AdBlock Plus and NoScript.
5. The problem with derivative browsers such as Comodo Dragon could be that they lag the latest stable version of the parent, in this case, Chrome 5.0.375.55.

I had a bad experience with BSNL. I took few months ago and they got me a router but the connection never started and they billed me for usage!!! They even didnt understand that without starting a connection if usage is showing then its their systems' fault. I had to fight for another couple of months and finally got refund.

1. Try to view your current bill as html. It won't work with FF on a PC. It works with IE6.
2. Please do try IE8 if it's not too much trouble. I have the impression that the selfcare site will not function with IE8. Don't know about IE7. I want to get this confirmed!
3. I've been using FF since ages with IE6 carefully preserved for "special occasions". In any case, I run all my browsers sandboxed (Sandboxie) as far as possible and behind the PCTools Firewall.
4. The only two FF add-ons I use are AdBlock Plus and NoScript.
5. The problem with derivative browsers such as Comodo Dragon could be that they lag the latest stable version of the parent, in this case, Chrome 5.0.375.55.

I will surely do that for you. I have IE8 on my Desktop PC, using Windows 7. Tell me what all things u want me to test. As far as opening of the page is concerned, the page is opening properly in IE8. I thought i may need to activate 'Compatibility Mode' to open the page, but didnt require that.

I will surely do that for you. I have IE8 on my Desktop PC, using Windows 7. Tell me what all things u want me to test. As far as opening of the page is concerned, the page is opening properly in IE8. I thought i may need to activate 'Compatibility Mode' to open the page, but didnt require that.

Hi nsm, I tried once again with IE8. As you said, the main sign in page opened, but when I clicked the link to register for a new account for an existing customer who hasn't yet opened a selfcare account I got and error regarding some webdynpro. This is the link I tried.

Please see if you can get this to open. Thanks! (We did the needful with Firefox 3.6.3.)

Hi nsm, I tried once again with IE8. As you said, the main sign in page opened, but when I clicked the link to register for a new account for an existing customer who hasn't yet opened a selfcare account I got and error regarding some webdynpro. This is the link I tried.

Please see if you can get this to open. Thanks! (We did the needful with Firefox 3.6.3.)

The link you gave opened in IE8 properly. Here's the screenshot of the page on both IE8 and Firefox side by side.

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/9334/portalonieandff.jpg

The link you gave opened in IE8 properly. Here's the screenshot of the page on both IE8 and Firefox side by side.

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/9334/portalonieandff.jpg

Okay! Thanks a lot, nsm. So now we have to figure out why this guy's IE8 didn't open that link.

Back