How to check BSNL Broadband Account Usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter tkktbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,332
  • Views Views 2,737,932
How do i check my broadband usage in bangalore telecom? looks like selfcare portals dont work for bangalore telecom.. do I need to get portal ID only? or is there some other way?

try data.bsnl.in with 14 digit alphanumeric usage portalid( to be obtained from BB section or CC your Exchange with PW usually password.For Chennai/Kolkata and Bengaluru this is the portal

will the data.bsnl.in show usage details even for unlimited plans ( the ones with fair usage cap).. I need to know when I am nearing fair usage cap.. as it affects speed change

Yes. I am also getting higher speed 2 Mbps 8 GB fup thereafter 512Kbpsfrom tomorrow. U/L usage . Chennai circle.Unlikely i will exceed 8GB as I am not a heavy down loader.I use Datafox add on with FireFox working O.K.

I have 500c plan of bsnl. I have installed auto-shut down software installed.It shuts down the computer exactly at 7:55 a.m.Now the problem is even if the software shuts down the computer at 7:55 a.m i have been charged extra 70mb(displayed on regular usage)But the thing is i cannot terminate modem connection.Power,dsl,internet lights are ON but only lan1 light is off but there is no downloading taking place. still there is download and upload displayed from 8:00 to 8:23 a.m.i terminated the modem connection around 8:20. Is it necessary to terminate even modem connection??. if i'm on the pc i would have restarted the modem.This happened twice.

I have 500c plan of bsnl.
I have installed auto-shut down software installed.It shuts down the computer exactly at 7:55 a.m.
Now the problem is even if the software shuts down the computer at 7:55 a.m i have been charged extra 70mb(displayed on regular usage)
But the thing is i cannot terminate modem connection.Power,dsl,internet lights are ON but only lan1 light is off but there is no downloading taking place.
still there is download and upload displayed from 8:00 to 8:23 a.m.
i terminated the modem connection around 8:20. Is it necessary to terminate even modem connection??. if i'm on the pc i would have restarted the modem.
This happened twice.

My friend, you are walking on thin ice. I also had perfectly timed scripts to start/stop router. But still got 4 billing issues over 2 years, twice it crossed 10K.. I had to fought hard to get those corrected.
Best is - switch to some unlimited / fair usage plan... or just do not expect to take advantage of free-night-time-uses.

My friend, you are walking on thin ice. I also had perfectly timed scripts to start/stop router. But still got 4 billing issues over 2 years, twice it crossed 10K.. I had to fought hard to get those corrected.
Best is - switch to some unlimited / fair usage plan... or just do not expect to take advantage of free-night-time-uses.

i faced no problem with this plan.No extra charge or something.
auto shutdown software which i installed was quite new.
i usually restart my modem myself at 7:55

And even no downtime from past 6 months.And 2 months back i downloaded around 125gb . And it will take time in 750 plan

i faced no problem with this plan.No extra charge or something.
i usually restart my modem myself at 7:55

And even no downtime from past 6 months.And 2 months back i downloaded around 125gb . And it will take time in 750 plan

Hi.... Did you download 125Gb in a single month? If so, what plan are you using.... I am using 1350 plan... and the unlimited downloads at 512Kbps speed is really slow....

Kindly give the website link.
Most self care portals meter lists day and night usage separately, and time block
changes at 0200AM and 0800AM.
( Mine data.bsnl.in shows without day/night listing 0 KB for U/L users )
Summary on top lists shows full download, and plan details.

FireFox/Chrome Old Ip59.xx.xx.xx and new 117.xx.xx.xx ( Chennai/Bengaluru) data.bsnl.in ONLY

Confirm details about your self care portal. and a screenshot showing
usage meter readings without using the auto scheduler. ( say early morning 0745 to 0845AM)

Even i have 500 plan and i download abt 100gb every month without any issues.The thing is try to keep ur computer clock in synchronization with bsnl clock ,and then disconnect at 7.55 or before . and regarding ur issue, even if u turn off ur pc , ur modem still remain connected to internet if u r in ppoe mode . but ur connection is disconnected as soon as u shut down ur pc if u r in bridgemode(requires dialing everytime u connect).

Back