How to Connect TP-XZ000-G7 to Airtel Xstream Broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter mystic_235
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 237
  • Views Views 30,858
thank you for you reply @MrGordon

I am using this script and modified little - not sure that is correct or not :)
Code:
for i in range(4094):

print("Searching : vlan " + str(i))

send_padi("XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX", i)

time.sleep(1)

Where I used XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX as my Adapter MAC ( got from ipconfig / all)
and change the for loop value to 4094 as Vlan range could be 1 to 4094

Scan is still running using python from windows.

In unclocked 2425g ssh, I check there is no "omcicmd" or "omcicli"
but there is one command which I am not sure how to use - "/sbin/omcli"

can you help on this ?

Last edited:
Got the Digisol DG-GR6011 earlier today, this is just a rebrand of the VSOL HG322G. Same model is available from Netlink, DBC, Syrotech etc too.

The web UI doesn't support changing the GPON serial, but can be done from the shell. Enable ssh access from Security --> Login Privilege, after that you should be able to login with the web UI creds. You login to a stripped down shell, and I spent some time checking how to enter a proper shell, finally I found it in a Youtube video, the command is enterlinuxshell.

Code:
(⎈)➜  ~ ssh [email protected]
[email protected]'s password:
>enterlinuxshell
#

Once you are in the proper shell, the commands mentioned here would work, and you can change the serial and other parameters easily. After changing the serial, I needed to create a bridge profile from the UI with the VLAN 100 and I was able to establish PPPoE without issues.

In the Huawei, I couldn't view the decoded MIB 171 data, but in this I could, and we can see that VLAN 100 is mapped VLAN 1345 (Note that this is different from what I had earlier posted, that's cause I had opened for static IP address, which changes the VLAN. In the Huawei also it shows 1345 now), same way 660 is mapped to 666.

Code:
# omcicli mib get 171
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
ExtVlanTagOperCfgData
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
=================================
EntityId: 0x09
AssociationType: 10
ReceivedFrameVlanTagOperTableMaxSize: 0
InputTPID: 0x00
OutputTPID: 0x8100
DsMode: 0
ReceivedFrameVlanTaggingOperTable
INDEX 0
Filter Outer   : PRI 15,VID 4096, TPID 0
Filter Inner   : PRI 8,VID 100, TPID 0, EthType 0x00
Treatment Outer   : PRI 15,VID 0, TPID 0, RemoveTags 1
Treatment Inner   : PRI 8,VID 1345, TPID 4
INDEX 1
Filter Outer   : PRI 15,VID 4096, TPID 0
Filter Inner   : PRI 8,VID 660, TPID 0, EthType 0x00
Treatment Outer   : PRI 15,VID 0, TPID 0, RemoveTags 1
Treatment Inner   : PRI 8,VID 666, TPID 4
AssociatedMePoint: 0x601

@tr1k0N4 I paid Rs 1475 incl delivery ~ Rs 1250 + GST. Probably could have got it for a bit cheaper, I noticed the lowest quoted price on Indiamart is Rs 1000 (plus GST).

After realising this is a rebranded VSOL, and searching for other variants, I think the Syrotech unit may be the cheapest. Saw it for Rs 850 plus tax on Indiamart (although, can’t trust Indiamart, final selling price might be different).

I got it just for playing around, if you can find the Huawei HG8120C for Rs 700-800 range, then that definitely makes sense. I have the 8120C as well and find it pretty good.

@MrGordon,

I have a question regarding your Digisol setup.
Did you tried "pppoe connect" from your router or PC/laptop - by connecting with digisol in bridge mode?

Is it possible to do ? In that case the full control will be shifted to your router and the digisol will act just like a media converter.
(this is my knowledge so far, I might be wrong)

Please share your experience.
Planning to buy dg-gr6011 as you guided.

Back