India Tour of Australia 2011/12

• Thread starter Thread starter Jaymin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 560
  • Views Views 43,253
^ By that yardstick (limited matches), Ravi Shastri is the best Test captain India ever had.The only guy in the current team with the temperament and aggression required for a captain is Gautam Gambhir. However, given the current state of things, none of the members really justify their place in the team so it is a game of musical chairs

Make Virat Kohli the Captain :D Long term solution. Guy can bat, guy can field, has good communication skills and can therefore handle the media better than Mr. Dhoni! What else do you need :p Slightly offtopic but is it only me who has noticed that Dhoni uses the term 'You know' like in every sentence of his. I noticed this in his press conference after the Perth test. I would put it in the same class as Mohd Azharuddin's 'I mean'!

On Sehwag, i wud say he cant be made the captain for sure. The moment he is the captain, he forgets his batting to begin with. Next, he forgets all his aggression. And Abhi.....pls dont remind that 219. Yes it was a good innings, u need to have real good calibre to get there. But then look at the pitch & look at the opposition.
He is better as a pure batsman, who can bowl when required IMO.

Next, coming to records as captain, Dhoni had won what, some 12-15 odd games out of about 25 or so.......better still, he had a clean sheet: 5-0 or i think 4-0 for his first four matches. And on a higher level, the England series that we lost, was the first time we lost a series, since 2008. So on records basis, apart from the current series & Eng series, Dhoni has no blemishes against his name.

@ Real_India.....

Make Virat Kohli the Captain Long term solution. Guy can bat, guy can field, has good communication skills and can therefore handle the media better than Mr. Dhoni! What else do you need

:D :haha: We have already seen the way he communicates! :D But yeah on a serious note, he communicates well!

I would put it in the same class as Mohd Azharuddin's 'I mean'!

IINM, Azhar's fav words were "I think" or "I thought"........i remember as kid, once we had even tried to take a count of the no. of times he said that. But we lost track of it in a suit of laughing.

@ Real_India.....
:D :haha: We have already seen the way he communicates! :D But yeah on a serious note, he communicates well!

His communications skills will be quite handy on the field...verbal aggression..mental disintegration etc etc ;)

I also forgot to mention one thing..he will be popular with ladies as well! Now that Mr. Dhoni is no longer single, Indian team certainly needs a new role model for Chicas to look up to.The way they are playing right now, Indian team in danger of loosing all their existing male supporters and would therefore certainly need a new Youth ICON to market / brand :D

Dhoni always starts his conversation "Well, Of course"

Ganguly became successful captain because of Sachin and Dravid, and Dhoni similarly had Sehwag-Gambhir due to which Team India became No.1 Test Team.Sachin-Dravid provided Solid Middle-order while batting even if openers collapsed, and later with Dhoni captaincy Sehwag-Gambhir gave some very good start and took game away from opposition.Now all 4 are failing together and we are getting this bad result.

Actually despite of having big names, its still captain's responsibility to mobilise these performances into achieving victory.But at the same time the captain cant help it if the big names dont perform....

Back