India Tour of Australia 2011/12

• Thread starter Thread starter Jaymin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 560
  • Views Views 43,253
ISHANTH averages over 100 in this series. Super achievement :worthy:

I strongly demand Bharat-Ratna for Ishant Sharma!

For the whole team I recommend

----------

Why should anyone have to recommend names for bharat ratna? at that level it should just be conferred.....

I am saying this because of hue & cry of the media that BCCI not recommended Sachin's Name fo Bharath Ratna..

ISHANTH averages over 100 in this series. Super achievement :worthy:
He might be only Indian player to score century in every match :D

After every day of the match, i have this particular comment coming - "I have stopped following and it looks like i have done nothing wrong in taking that decision". There were times when i used to remember individual scores & even partnerships of atleast ongoing matches. But not since the disaster has started. Today when a colleague asked me the scores for the day, i had to open a cricket site to check it out!

Australia this time got 1 thing right. They made it sure that this Test would last for 5 days, so their board would not make loss. Or else it was easy for them to give follow-on and end Indian 2nd inning in day 3 or 4.

Nothing will change in Indian Cricket...I am seeing indian cricket from 1992 Benson & Hedges series....We were always kings and lions when we play in india...which always makes my heart and head happy when we play in india....as our chances of winning increases a lot...When we tour abroad in the countries like Austalia, SA, Eng, WI and even Zimbabwe we have always been loosers....i used to cry and my heart feels a lot because of these losses but i used consolidate myself that we are not good tourists when we tour abroad...Things changed slightly when Ganguly took over the captaincy...1 refreshable & 1 memorable moment ponders in my heart & head is that when we beat Eng in the Natwest Triangular series...from no where we won the match chasing 300+...thanks to Yuvraj and Kaif....That was the time i thought we are preparing to become good tourists...things were improving we started to win in Eng, WI, Aus, SA and even Zim...Kumble took over from Ganguly as a test captain he also did gread job....and i thought we are moving in the right direction....Here i am talking about our Test Match performance only....Things dramatically changed after winning the 2011 ODI WC ...We toured Eng - lost 4-0 and its the same story in Aus...So now we have gone back to stone age to again become a good tourist...I believe in the history of indian cricket we would not seen or heard about loosing 8 consecutive Test Matches abroad....I dont know whom to blame but i feel everybody has to blame themselves...the players, board, media & of course the fans too....

Things changed a lot after the 90s when we were pathetic in tests.We won in WI, England , came close to winning in Australia (2003-04) and South Africa last year. We also won in Pakistan.We are again in the process of realignment/reshuffling with many players getting old and retired/on verge of retirement. I guess the major players shud have retired after the WC2011 or atleast after the England tour.After being No.1 team in tests and a very good team, we are touching lows.Not everything is bad.Umesh looks a good prospect. So is Ashwin.Kohli has proved that investing in him was a gud thing. Still he has long way to go.The likes of Rohit Sharma, Rahane, Pujara are there to take up the places.After being thru the 90s horrors, this is lot better.Anyone checked how bad England was in 90s. Check it once. India is way better. After a long time England have a real gud side and hence No.1. Its a rotation process!

There are certain things that i'd like to mention here. These were all said before the tour.1. Ishant Sharma was expected to do well in this series - Failed2. Sachin tendulkar was expected to score his 100th century this series - Failed3. Our experienced batting line up was expected to do brilliantly well - Biggest FAIL !For the aussies :-1. Ricky pointing was asked to retire considering his form and age - Came out with a double ton and a century and some fifties - Job well done !2. Michael clarke's leadership was questioned after the miserable loss to NZ - Came out with a triple ton, double ton, and most importantly completes the whitewash - Job well done !3. Australia's bowling attack was considered inconsistent - Only allowed india score 300 or more, once - Job well done ! I have been noticing this thing for a while. No matter what kind of a form if a batsman is in, When it comes it us, he always does better than he normally does ! Anyway, congratulations to team india for completing another humiliating whitewash ! When Dhoni creates a record he goes to all the extremes.

Back