India Tour of Australia 2011/12

• Thread starter Thread starter Jaymin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 560
  • Views Views 43,253
1 famous saying is there which we talk among our friends....who ever is not in form ...they get inform against us....

My timeline with Cricket begins in 1992's India tour of Australia and World cup that year. But that time I thought we were weak team, and lost most of test matches and won ODI only against West Indies (which was also weak team I thought). After that I mostly remember India got beaten badly under Azhar and Sachin Captaincy while playing abroad. But it was expected that time.Things changed when Ganguly lead team and India had good success in Pak, WI, South Africa, England which were tough tours to Indians earlier.But after 2011 WC win this is rock bottom phase of India team, and we cannot go below this I guess (unless we get defeated by Bangladesh or Zimbabwe in Test Match).Its really time for BCCI to take harsh decision by sacking Seniors and start identifying and developing younger talent to build stronger Test & ODI team. (but with current attitude and comments by BCCI chief, I really doubt if they are willing for anything like that!)[Joke heard on FM today - What is similarity between Indian Driving License and Indian Cricket Team? Both doesn't work abroad :D)

Sorry for Hindi..but I need to say this in Hindi only... Chautha ho gaya aaj team ka...Dashkarma aur Terhawi hona baaki hai!

A news channel said that the news from Australia is that Dravid will announce his retirement tomorrow due to pressures on (could be from as well) BCCI! :( I don't understand why him, why not Sachin, just because Dravid is older than Sachin? At least Dravid fired in England where all the other batsmen failed. Don't forget that he was the leading run scorer in 2011. It will be a big loss for the Indian team if the news is true, irrespective of the kind of form he is in.Get this f******g desperate for 100th ton, Sachin Tendulkar out of the team first, Laxman and Dravid later.

Let the numbers speak: last 2 years Test matches. Sachin has scored the most runs at the best average. Dravid, Laxman and Sehwag are close.

Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

Change that to last 1 year, and Dravid is the highest scorer, with Laxman and Sachin in the next bracket.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=runs;spanmax2=27+Jan+2012;spanmin2=27+Jan+2011;spanval2=span;team=6;template=results;type=batting

Consistent poor performers - Virat Kohli, Sehwag and the like. They need to be dropped.

Lol that's the most idiotic post I have seen here. Kohli hasn't got many opportunities, and in those less opportunities he managed to prove himself. Sehwag has performed consistently well. In the last 2 years, he has an average above 45, don't forget that 293 which came in Dec 2009. As far as 2011 is concerned, everyone struggled in tests matches, even your beloved Sachin Tendulkar but The Wall stood tall.

^ You must be high. If you are unable to see the numbers in front of you, there is not much that can be discussed. End of the day numbers speak. The "efforts" do not count if there are no measures against them. I am no fan of Sachin, I don't even like anyone in this current team, but the numbers tell a story here. Kohli has played 15 freaking innings. That is in no way less. Ashwin, a bowler, has an average on par with him after playing 9 innings. Sehwag's average of 45 is taking last 2 years into comparison, but then there are 3 players who scored more than him, and one who scored at a much better rate in that duration. Last one year, Gambhir, Dhoni, Sehwag, Yuvraj and Raina have been averaging an abysmal 27 - 28. The 'older' generation has done much better in comparison during this period.

^^^^

Dhoni is a Keeper first, a Captain (READ SCAPEGOAT) next, and still if anything is left, a batsman as well. So if u xpect him to play marathon innings, then i guess thats just too much. He is just not a good test batsman - but still he occasionally does really well. U want to get Sehwag out, u want to get Gambhir out, then well if u also want to get Dhoni out, then first find a guy who can be the Scapegoat in the team.

On Kohli....

Thats what happens when u dont watch matches & just compare the runs. I am not following the matches, but try to make it a point that i watch how Kohli plays. And most of the times he does play. If u have the guts to point fingers at his talent, then it surely means u havent seen him play. 1 guy makes centuries on Home soil and improves his average, and the other makes 50s/100 in Australia & improves his average.

How cud u have missed this striking difference between the Average graphs of the 2 players? :O

Yuvi & Raina, even i dont see them doing much in Tests. I m looking forward to the likes of Pujara, Rahane, and of course Kohli.

On Sehwag.....i m always in confusion with him seriously! On 1 end i feel enuf if enuf. But on the other, that guy has the capacity to take any attack apart, on any sort of wicket. Yes he has failed this time round, but in most series he does his job - a quickfire 40-50 at the top, due to which we are about 80 odd in first 15-16 overs for 1 wicket.

@ Vicky....

Ur analysis - well first half is true. The second half APPEARS to be true, just because the first half is true. Ponting & Hussey were badly out of form & their bowling too was highly inconsistent. Its just that the below club level of cricket from our team is giving u a view that they did their job really well. If the Kiwis can beat them, then u shud know what level they are down to.

@ All....

I have read 1 consistent comment all thru'out - that our team surrenders when they tour. I wud say if this Aussie team visits here, our team will still perform the same. The problem is not with the conditions, its within - its the players themselves. Remove the arrogant seniors & bring in young blood. If that team doesnt win a single match on next Aussie tour, i wud change my name.
Otherwise, if u want to count overseas tours, just have a glance thru the record prior to WC 2011: (IN TESTS)

2007: Beat England in England
2007-08: Almost beat Aussies in Aus......u just have to remove 1 extra batting given to Symmo out of the 4-5 in the Sydney test.
2008: Lost to UDRS in Sri Lanka
2009: Beat NZ in NZ
2010: Levelled series in SL after being 1-0 down
2010-11: Levelled series in SA again after being 1-0 down, that too by winning in Durban.

----------

Three-four players have played their last Test: Gavaskar | SportsKeeda

This is what Gavaskar had to say:

“Virat scored a hundred in Australia, the lone player to do so. May be his confidence could have stemmed the rot and might have protected the senior players who have been sorely out of form. They (seniors) could have been protected by him (Virat) and who knows the senior players would have done better in the last couple of days in Adelaide,” he said.

And a similar thing was actually done by MS when Aussies toured here in 2010 - promoted Pujara to no.3, coz Dravid was running badly out of form.

^ All the talent in the world accounts for zilch if it doesn't produce results. If you say Virat Kohli has 'talent', how would you compare him to Rohit Sharma - a far more technically adequate batsman, but one without any opportunities to boot. If you remember, there was a cricketing twin from Australia - Mark and Steve Waugh - the former far more talented than the latter. However, for all his talent, he couldn't back them up with performances. Result - he was dropped from the team while his bro went on to play for Australia for many more years.

----------

Interesting point you brought up about overseas performances. Again, numbers below. If you say numbers don't matter, then well, results don't matter. India can keep losing by margins of an innings plus, but still 'play well'.

Rohit Sharma......u know what, even Crocodile wud be less lazy than that fellow. What technical soundness does he have? He tries to drive the ball thru the covers & ends up edging it to 3rd man region. All his dismissals are of similar types - he hardly learns from his mistakes. U call that talent?And yes, results. So where hasnt Kohlii produced results? A 50 & a century on his first International tour to Australia.....what else do u want? That lazy Rohit doesnt have that even in ODIs! And please even if u want to prove this statement wrong, then bring in recent performances overseas.And for the stats.....the 2 year stats will be including the good times we had in 2010-11, so those stats will still look rosy. But if u see the last 1 year stats, then the picture is pretty clear there - just 1 batsman, barely averaging above 50, and others.....not even 40. So is it "playing well"?? If ur senior players average below 40 for over a year, then what more do u expect from a player who is playing his first Overseas tour, that too at the tricky no.6 position?

Back