Indian Cricket Season 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 841
  • Views Views 48,033
BCCI mulls three captains for Team India : Cricketnext

If its true, pretty messed up, if you ask me. Why Kohli/Raina separately for the two shorter formats. And Dhoni hasn't been the most performing of the Test batsman. I guess the only reason could be that other people have also not performed (Gambhir, Sehwag, Raina) or are too new (Ashwin, Kohli, Pujara), not permanent members in the line up (Ojha, Ishant, Umesh) or simply too old (Zaheer, Tendulkar)

BCCI is considering the option of three different captains for three formats following Team India’s unsatisfactory performance in the ICC World T20, reports IBN7 on Monday.

According to reports, Dhoni is likely to retain the Test captaincy; Kohli is being considered for the ODI captaincy, while the T20 reins can be given to Suresh Raina.

I have my own doubts as to the validity of this news. But, Kohli would be made ODI captain if we are to believe, so I doubt that it had any influence on that, they could have proposed Raina as captain of both.

What utter nonsense how can they even think of removing dhoni from odi as captain ?? Hes doing a wonderful job , they just beat sl 4-1 in their own den .. they have won virtually all odi tournaments since 2011 besides the cb series in australia that comes to mind .. And to be true India did not fare badly in this T20 WC .. they lost just one game .. I think Dhoni should be captain atleast till 2015 WC after that he himself will quit I feel .. In test matches they can think of someone else but who ?? since dravid and dada are gone from test and sachin wont want captaincy there is no choice and virat is just cementing his place in the test side and its too early to burden him with captaincy .. zaheer khan maybe ?? lol :suicide:

England in India 2012-13 : Sky and BCCI in pre-series dispute | Cricket News | India v England | ESPN Cricinfo

ky TV may not send its team of commentators to cover England's tour of India, which begins in November, unless a dispute with the BCCI over access for their commentary team to the Test venues is resolved. Sky hold the UK rights for the series, but the Sunday Times in London reported the broadcaster had received an unexpected demand from the Indian board for additional fees totalling more than £500,000 ($800,000) for their commentary team to have facilities at the grounds.

ESPNcricinfo understands the figure being quoted to Sky is the BCCI's estimate of 'realistic costs' related to Sky's wish to have independent and unilateral coverage of the India-England series. The cost includes, among other things, studio space for Sky's own panel of commentators and satellite uplinking from the venues for 30 days of cricket.

Sky warned their bank of commentators, including former England captains Michael Atherton, Nasser Hussain and Ian Botham, that they regard the BCCI's demands as brinkmanship, and that they may not travel unless a solution can be found. If the dispute is not settled, Sky would be forced to accept commentary from the host broadcaster or set up a studio outside the grounds.

Back