Indian Cricket Season 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 841
  • Views Views 48,026
There is the discussion going on twitter that Kumble hinted about Sehwag being left out for the sake of 5 bowlers in coming matches...Good step!

Mate test will be a different ball game and wont be as easy for India as some are prediciting .. remember cook , bell , trott will come back and I personally feel this is Englands best chance to beat India at home .. however that is still far away ..

Cook is gud, he debuted in India and he is really solid. Dont think the same way about others. Dont be surprised if we go with 3 spinners in the team with Virat opening the bowling with Zaheer. Back to 1993 days!

The same English team struggled against Pak & SL. Remember, cook will debut as captain, new opener as well!

Yea I think without Strauss and Pietersen things do even up but I still feel England will have the edge because they are the more settled side in terms of bowlers and also Indias batting will be tested much more this time than it was against NZ ..

India bowling is gud for Indian conditions. Batting will be a bit shaky but again its not england and hence they would atleast score 300 which is enuf for spinners :)

Yea I think without Strauss and Pietersen things do even up but I still feel England will have the edge because they are the more settled side in terms of bowlers and also Indias batting will be tested much more this time than it was against NZ ..

I have my doubts on that. If at all our batting fails, it will be the batters' mistakes as has been happening since past few months. Else, Indian batsmen in India will always have an upper hand, even if the opposition has good spinners, leave aside seamers. I dont remember when exactly we lost a Test series at home the last time......the only series i remember is against Aussies back in 2004.

Jaymin that time Indias batting was very experienced .. This time around its not the same .. We have Sehwag whose batting like a mad man again .. either he will make a 100 or get out for less than 10 .. Pujara had it easy aganist NZ .. Eng will defo give him a tougher time and I hope he plays well this time as well .. Sachin needs to find some form .. Kohli is at the peak right now so he will do well unless he chooses to go out of form against Eng but really dont see this happen and then u have Raina whose again as bad as sehwag if not worse .. India will need to bring in rohit sharma or rahane in place of raina ..

Piterson's would be happy on England's loss....

Well I'm still optimistic that India will sweep england 4-0 I don't know why but still I reckon we can do that. Even though England have Monty and Swann their batting looks bleak. Trott hasn't played any test match in India and I have seen Carberry bat but then you can't rely on him too much. Bell is in a good form but again he will be tested as well.While our batting and bowling looks promising I'd say. Ashwin getting wickets, Ojha complimenting him and Harbhajan has put his hand up as well. Plenty of things happening around us, the good things while its the opposite in the English camp. Just hoping that weather doesn't spoil a fantastic winter ahead ! :)

Back