Indian Cricket Season 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 841
  • Views Views 48,018
Many of these guys come with a promise thru the domestic matches, and then just fizzle out in the internationals!

Im gonna agree with you. Cos Vijay seems like a flat track expert. He hasn't got a lot of chances but in SA he did fail.

Vijay was just about decent when he first came. But then it was just a false impression created by another I-P-L bully!

Well, I dont think Vijay would have been in the ROI side, if he was not seen as a contender still. India pretty much seems to have the ROI team + India "A" on NZ "A" your players as the backups. I guess at some point of time they will need to start looking beyond the current openers. Vijay atleast has "some" runs on home pitches to start with (Plus, as I guess that many would be keen to point out - backing of Dhoni)

Zaheer, Ashwin, Tiwary & Sehwag rested for today's game against England....

Vijay has runs at home, fine. But that doesnt mean he has to be picked up for home tests. V surely cant have a different set of openers for home matches, and away matches! :p

Thats why I said to start with.... :)Either we need to get someone new (Mandeep, Unmukt, Rahane, Dhawan etc).. or go back to Mukund & Vijay ... Vijay just has the advantage of having scored "some" runs & currently scoring a double would have helped his cause.

Rohit , then Harbhajan.. and now Chawla...RP Singh must be calling up Srikkanth and saying - "I told you I needed to be in that team for the World Cup"Srikkanth - "Just hold the line, I am talking to Jadeja".........Harbhajan takes best ever T20I spell by an Indian - 4/12... beating RP Singh 4/13 Vs Safrica in 2007 T20 WC.........England 80 allout. India win by 90 runs...

Back