Indian Cricket Season 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 841
  • Views Views 48,006
Sehwag needs to step down the order for sure. Considering long term I would have very well considered moving him down to 5. And given a Test cap to Rahane for the Kiwi Series.

Sehwag.... He just needs a kick in his rear once again. Sometimes he becomes too laid back. He was kicked in 2006 and he came back strongly in 2007. He again needs a similar treatment I wud say. Quick fire 30s and 40s help only when wickets are batsmen's graveyard and the bowlers are all over the openers. U need a short innings like this to shoo them off. But on batsman friendly tracks u need to convert atleast 1 out of ur 3-4 starts. That's not happening here. And yeah... Sachin has disappointed. If he plays this way, then i don't want him in the team. My argument holds only till he plays to his potential.

It is a sad state when Ashwin who played 2 innings ends up scoring more runs than Gambhir, Tendulkar & Raina who played 3. T20s are starting Wednesday. Keen to see Yuvraj in action. Hopefully Balaji, Manoj Tiwary get a chance to playMy XI would be - Gambhir, Sehwag, Kohli, Yuvraj, Tiwary, Dhoni, Raina, Pathan, Ashwin, Zaheer, Balaji. Chawla, Harbhajan, Rohit would not have been in my 15. Dinda would be my fallback if Balaji fails. And would pick Chawla if Yuvraj/Tiwary need to be placed.

Rohit & Harbhajan wud not even be my fallbacks. We have many, many better players than these, just that they are short on experience. And T20, or even any format doesnt always ask u to be experienced, in order to serve ur team. Yes it is important many times, but not over performance!Edit: Include Dinda in the above category of players as well. He is not even my last choice. I wud ask a rag-picker to bowl instead of getting Dinda.

Well, I was speaking from the NZ series and the T20 WC point of view. Maybe Chawla would be a better option than Dinda on SL pitches. But going by experience, I doubt if Dhoni would play just Zaheer & Pathan. Balaji or Dinda would play. Dinda having taken a few wickets in T20 in SL would probably play ahead. But on SL pitches Balaji may be a better choice & hence he I say he should be tried out.

Balaji - yes to b fair on him - few chances again, after the layoff. But frankly speaking i dont expect him to do wonders. Still better hopes than Dinda! Yeah i know u r right....Dinda might get a nod ahead coz of the few flukes he got in SL, but thats a sad part u c! :(

I dont see Balaji playing well outside subcontinent. But he now has some experience & he can be like one of the troublesome medium pacers of the 80s & 90s from NZ - Larsen, Latham, Harris, McMillam, Astle... & the like in the subcontinent. Play him & if he does well, try him for some more time till we get good replacements.

Back