Indian Cricket Season 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 841
  • Views Views 47,999
We have people saying Rohit is more talented than Kohli. Gambhir & Chand's coach says Chand is better. Talent alone is not enough. Chand has scored centuries in crucial games. I saw the way he chased in the Finals against the Aussies, he does seem to have the temperament. I am not saying he should be rushed into the team in the next series, but rather he should be part of the "A" teams now & maybe given a chance against overseas sides that play 3-day/1-day games before Test matches etc, he is already part of Delhi Daredevils in I-P-L. I am just saying he should not be allowed to deteriorate like some of the others like Saurabh Tiwary, Manish Pandey etc.

To be honest with you...india after loosing 4 wkts i had very less hope on India...after some when i switched the TV..Chand was batting @ 95 and inida were crusing to win the WC...Chand played under pressure....hats off to him...

Ganguly, Parthiv Patel are cases when rushing too early misfired. Tendulkar, Yuvraj, Kohli are cases when sending youngsters early was a great move. We also have cases like Agarkar (mind you he was touted next Kapil), Irfan Pathan, Harbhajan which have been mixed cases of start-stop-start success. So its difficult to predict.

Chand must be talented for sure but for his coach to say hes better than gambhir is a joke .. Gambhir has been instrumental in India winning the T20 WC and the ODI WC wherein both finals he played crucial knocks .. To compare chand to others in the senior indian team so fast is unfair on chand really ... He must be groomed for say another year and then drafted in the Indian team ... If he plays well in ranji this season who knows he might be in team by 2013 itself ... Anyhow all this is very good for Indian cricket .. But now I would also like to see some bowlers doing well and prefrably some all rounder as these are more the need of the hour than batters which we have in plenty ...

Ganguly, Parthiv Patel are cases when rushing too early misfired. Tendulkar, Yuvraj, Kohli are cases when sending youngsters early was a great move. We also have cases like Agarkar (mind you he was touted next Kapil), Irfan Pathan, Harbhajan which have been mixed cases of start-stop-start success. So its difficult to predict.

I think that is why Ganguly speaks from his own experience and he is against rushing anyone into Senior Indian Team .. You also forgot to mention laxmi ratan shukla who was touted as next kapil dev .. If few guys are talented they will make it sooner than later ...

Hmm.. I needed to mention that he said that at that particular age... Chand already has 2 years of first class behind him. A good start & an average 2nd year.LR Shukla , Jai Prakash Yadav were never really given long runs like Rohit Sharma, Raina are getting nowadays. Not saying that they would have succeeded for sure.

Hey dont know about Rohit in ODIs but definately he has the potential to play well in test matches as his technique is pretty decent .. Right now hes badly out of form but hes not a bad player from anywhere .. As far as Raina goes hes not got temprament for test cricket but Raina is a matchwinner in ODIs and T 20s ....

Test is supposed to be more tougher. And there have been so many who have scored a lot of runs in first class or List A, but have fell a little short in international cricket - Wasim Jaffer, Aakash Chopra, Murali Vijay, Mukund, Vijay Bharadwaj ..

Unmukt Chand played the 2011 and 2012 seasons for Delhi Daredevils, will play for DD in Champions League too.Chand was absolutely PATHETIC in 2011, but looked in 2-3 matches he played in the 2012 season.

For domestic team it was the other way round I hear, 2011 was a better season for him than 2012.

Good to see NZ attacking back - 300/6. With weather being a factor, I would say a good chance of NZ pulling out a draw out of this one.

Back