Indian Cricket Season 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 841
  • Views Views 48,001
Chris Martin went for a golden duck. No.34. Legend.

And No.35 as well. Moves to 2nd position alongside McGrath and only behind Walsh at 43

Its a pity, but its because of age, he will not get the record

Unmukt Chand, Sandeep Sharma, Harmeet Singh, Baba Aparajit are good talent, might soon figure in IPL and then the Indian team.

Even Smit Patel seems to be good!

Oh IPL before team ! I forgot the procedure...

Oh IPL before team ! I forgot the procedure...

I-P-L acts as a shortcut. But First Class is the real deal. Guys like Pujara, Rahane would never have been in the Indian team if it was only I.P.L.

Ian Chappell says Chand & Harmeet are ready for international cricket. Chand's coach says he is better than Gambhir at that age and should be in main team by mid-2013 (He is Gambhir's coach also). Venkatesh Prasad and Robin Singh say these youngsters need to spend a few (3-5 Yrs) playing Domestic cricket. Chand had a decent 1st year & an average 2nd year in First class. Reading all this does leave a confused question in the average fan's mind as to what to expect from the youngsters. Hope the selectors make a balanced decision and dont delay too much but dont rush him into the big league as well. Maybe one more season of First class would help them.

There is a significant difference between under-19 and FC cricket. So I would not rush these guys into the senior side. They need to prove themselves in domestic cricket before they can be expected to make the cut. Take the case of previous U-19 graduates. From the last two WC winning teams, only Yuvraj and Kohli have gone on to stamp their place in the side. Kaif too could find a place for some time. The rest have remained by and large bits and pieces players.The other day Aakash Chopra stated how domestic bowlers (because they are so experienced) are able to sort out the u-19 guys when they move to FC. And this is why 2-3 years of FC is important for them. In any case, I don't see someone like Chand making it to the senior side when someone like Rahane is still warming the benches.

This is good news that India is getting a very good bench strength ... There is no need to rush these guys to international cricket as yet ... they should play domestic cricket prove themselves there also and then get the Indian cap .. Ofcourse you will have the franchisees beeing up for players like harmeet and chand in next years ad premier league but I hope the board doesent allow these players to participate ...And any which ways are we looking at chand in the odi squad or test squad if hes drafted now ?? You cant draft chand in the test squad for a odi performance so chand needs to play domestic cricket first and any which ways where is the place for chand in odi squad ?? Like rodeoz said rahane is also there plus yuvraj will be back soon .. Yea harmeet can be drafted in test squad in next one year .. ill say harmeet should be drafted for england series itself as they wont beable to play him that well .. ashwin and harmeet looks like a better option that ashwin and ojha ....

Yuvraj, Kohli are examples of people who were rushed in. Ian Chappell 's views are interesting that its better to push them in rather than let them rust. Chand has already spent playing two years of first class cricket. So, maybe he needs to be part of "A" team for next 1 year & then we can see. Same for Harmeet.

Players like Yuvraj, Kohli have exceptional talent and were hence pushed to senior slot fast .. Plus Yuvraj made it to the Indian team at a time when azhar and jadeja were banned for match fixing .. I dont think chand is half as good as kohli ... But if hes talented then definately he will play for India soon .. Harmeet should be groomed more for test cricket than ODIs ...

Back