Indian Cricket Season 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 841
  • Views Views 48,036
India Cricket News: Yuvraj Singh picked in India A squad to play England | ESPN Cricinfo

Yuvraj Singh, who marked his return to first-class cricket with a double-century in the Duleep Trophy last week, has been included in the India A squad to play England in Mumbai from October 30.

The new selection committee just trolled England team

In their first formal meeting since taking over as national selectors on October 1, Sandeep Patil and his colleagues decided not to pick a spinner in the 14-member squad to be led by Suresh Raina. The decision to not play a spinner is perhaps because the Indian team management does not want to give England exposure to what is likely to be their biggest challenge during the Test series.

BCCI not giving up!
England in India 2012-13 : BCCI holds firm on broadcaster fees | Cricket News | India v England | ESPN Cricinfo

What more now BCCI also wants BBC to pay for radio service
England in India 2012-13 : BBC joins Sky in BCCI broadcast wrangle | Cricket News | India v England | ESPN Cricinfo

Actually in my opinion, BCCI seems to be right here. BBC and Sky wants about 2000 sq ft facility for free.

I wont comment about the amounts requested and whether its too much or what not. But usually the broadcasting companies, used to work out "arrangements" with others - I guess something to the level of they returning the favour when the Indian production house wants to cover something in UK etc.. But here, since BCCI has taken over it, they are not able to cut a deal, as BCCI is not bothered of matches covered abroad.

@AbhishekSwhy? He has not played last year. Has not performed in like 4-5 years.Why should they keep him in grade A?@mhsabirIndia is cricket crazy country. So matches played overseas, and seen in India benefits broadcasters as well.But for matches in India, BCCI does not make much money (in comparison) from overseas viewers.Its not a win-win situation from BCCI point of view.

I have already said this before here.

Harbhajan last won Man of the match:

in Test match in 2005. I have excluded 2010 match where he made 115 runs.
in ODI in 2008.

All-round records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo
All-round records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

So do you still favour him for Grade A contract?

Here is my post which I had posted in 2011 when that time too someone favoured Harbhajan without seeing his performance.
[post]526891[/post]

The fact is, he kept on riding on the 2001 success wave. But then, I am not sure if we had too many decent alternatives. Even now, we are having to go back to Chawla during every World Cup & guys like Mishra every short while. Despite having being shown as mediocre in the big stage.

Back