Indian Cricket Season 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 841
  • Views Views 48,040
Does he have fans? Except for the people who like Geeta Basra! They don't have any choice :|

Errr... We are in a country where even KRK has fans...

Not sure if its news, or rumor, or some spoof :)

Virender Sehwag quits T20 cricket!

At the time of Twenty20 cricket’s inception, it was believed that the shortest version of game is only meant for the cricketers like India’s explosive batsman Virender Sehwag.

But one of the destructive openers of these days, Sehwag, failed to leave an impressive mark in the T20 cricket so far. And it seems that Sehwag has also realized the fact. According to the sources, India’s star opener has requested BCCI that don’t pick him in the squad for T20 Internationals.

A leading English Daily has reported that Sehwag is not interested in shortest version of cricket and wants to focus on other two formats-Test and ODI.

Quoting a senior BCCI official, the daily claimed that Sehwag has requested Indian Cricket Board to drop him from the T20 squad as he wants to focus on Test and ODI cricket.

“Sehwag has informed us that he is not interested in continuing his T20 career and wants to focus on Test and ODI. Sehwag has cited fitness and toughness of T20 cricket as reason behind his decision.”

AbhishekS would be devastated.

Fitness and toughness?? :DIf he is fit for 5days of test match. How much fitness will additional 2hrs of cricket take away?Reason seems to be something else. i.e. if news is true.

I guess he means additional diving & running which is expected in T20I... In Tests he can simply laze around in slips.

As if he has dived so much even when he was young!

Back