Indian Cricket Season 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 841
  • Views Views 47,962
did i say Retire..i first want them drop.. Let them regain form first!and also GG getting bowled in all matches, he has become more vulnerable. he needs to soon find the mistake, else that will be end of carrer..did i say Retire..i first want them drop.. Let them regain form first!and also GG getting bowled in all matches, he has become more vulnerable. he needs to soon find the mistake, else that will be end of carrer..

Can we at least have individual threads for series if not matches?

Maybe from Aussie series. Dont see the point for the final game against Pakistan this weekend and also 5 ODI's Vs England, when we discussed the entire test series here..

After the One-day series lost to Pakistan:Sachin Tendulkar - Thank God! It’s a right decision.Sourav Gangully – Will I get a chance to coach Indian team now?Rahul Dravid – Now Indian people will miss me….Dhoni – I played safe…Will selectors dare?Selectors – hmmmmm Ok, Let’s change the coach.Pakistani team – We are the champions.Indian team – When the IPL season will start?Sunil Gavaskar – Ban IPL.Indian public – Let’s not watch cricket anymore from tomorrow.Tomorrow - Third IND-PAK ODI tickets sold out!Drama cont…..

This is what I posted on a cricket forum after the game:

I have no idea what Dhoni was thinking while batting. The way he batted made it clear that he was certainly batting just to remain not out till the end, score a fifty and be safe from the media and critics' criticism.

There was a time when he was batting with Raina and the required run rate was around 8. He still batted slowly as if batting out the whole 50 overs would end the match in a draw. He could have shown some aggression, but showed no signs of it. Was batting at a strike rate of 50-60 when the required run rate was so high.

What next? As the wickets fall and the required run rate goes around 9, he refuses to take singles. He tries to play 4-5 deliveries of an over on his own and then takes a single off the last delivery. What bullshit was that. Pure selfishness just to boost the average.
He didn't even try to score, was content with the required run rate rising and going above 13.

When he reached 40 and just 12 deliveries were left in the inning, he opted for a change of bat to slog. Immediately after switching the willow he smashed two boundaries. NOW WHAT THE f**k WAS THIS! If he had a bat with which he could slog comfortably, why didn't he opt for it when he was batting with Suresh Raina and the required run rate was between 7 and 8.

Pure stupidity by Mahendra Singh Dhoni. I loved his knock in the previous game, it was stupendous. But today's inning makes me hate him a lot more than ever.
Total selfishness.

U cant go berserk, just coz the RR is 7 or less. When Suresh Raina was in there, the score was hardly 90 odd, with just half of the overs gone. If u r at a score of 190, looking for another 160 with 6 wickets in hand, the stupidity of going berserk can still be justified. But if u r chasing 250, and u r 4 down with almost double of ur current score to be got, it wud be the height of stupidity to take even slightest of risks. That, when u know that its the last "Batsmen Pair" batting on the crease, with pseudo allrounders like Jaddu & Ashwin to follow.

Considering ur comment in a Cricket Forum, i guess it wud be more of a Dhoni Hater forum, and not a true team forum, or true cricket forum. Only then such comments go smoothly, without being backlashed. (Assuming, this comment didnt got any backlash!)

did i say Retire..
i first want them drop.. Let them regain form first!
and also GG getting bowled in all matches, he has become more vulnerable. he needs to soon find the mistake, else that will be end of carrer..

did i say Retire..
i first want them drop.. Let them regain form first!
and also GG getting bowled in all matches, he has become more vulnerable. he needs to soon find the mistake, else that will be end of carrer..

Dude, sack meaning dismiss which means you are leading him to retirement.. Even then, you want to drop someone at the age of 34? And you want him to regain form? And someone with the likes of Sehwag who goes all guns blazing?? Dropping Gambhir makes sense, but Sehwag has only 2 options either gain form ( which is highly unlikely ) or retire from the limited overs format.

Back